• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VISTA- Microsofts secret weapon to destroy the PC!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
deathman20 said:
Um home is like $200 for the full retial version if not mistaken. Ultimate is $400 retail. Upgrades are cheaper.

And Vista plays games perfectly fine bearly notice the hit if any. If you looking at reviews, make sure there using the latest beta at a min (RC2) if not the RTM and definatly the latest drivers that makes a huge inpact on the credibility of the review.

Ow ok that is better.

With my current setup for the most parts my FPS is within 5-10 versus that of XP. Sometimes the same.

I have vista running great on a S754 system with a 2800+ and 512 ram with a 9800 pro. Once again not a huge performance difference.

And I personally like Vista for some strange reason. Looks more appealing to me I guess.

Oroka Sempai said:
I like the bloat in Vista, my rig can handle it no problem. I loose a few FPS in a game, who cares, I never needed 100+ FPS in a game anyways.

People said the same thing about XP when it came out... a resource hog, too much bloat, blah blah blah. Would you really want to be running a version of Windows 98FSE (Fifty Sixth Edition) with your Conroe that does 4GHz? You got the power, stop being a stingey hermit and use it. You want FPS, got to win2k.

The PC will be around for a long time... just with more power and capacity. Will it be the same as today, proably not, but it will still be a PC, with parts. Might be smaller, might be diffrent technology, phase change cooling might be the norm on a Dell PC, but it will still be a PC.

Windows will still be around, ol Bill has already said there will definatly be another full version of 'do-all' Windows in 2-4 years, after that it will proably be seperate componets (get basic Windows, then add IIS or WMC or the Office suite).

You might see PCs controling the whole house, a appliance in the basement next to the hot water heater and you connect to it with terminals. I mean, what the heck will you do with a 8GHz system with say... 24 cores, 8GB of DDR5, and say 28TB of storage?

World over; computer wins.

Amen

Adragontattoo said:
Has anyone come out with a Vista tweak guide yet? I am curious how much "faster" it would be if un-needed processes and apps were stopped.

I still dont plan on buying it until I am forced to but I AM curious what ability there is to tweak the system for extra performance.

Yah there has been a tweak guide out for ever other build or thereabouts over at pro-networks.org I even helped write one :)

Of course the PC will win, my whole point is that despite microsofts attempt to destroy the PC, the PC will prevail.

*growls*

I was mostly kidding around, the title of the thread is ridiculous.

brakezone said:
Of course the PC will win, my whole point is that despite microsofts attempt to destroy the PC, the PC will prevail.

Why waste billions on creating a OS to destroy yourself? A few hundred pounds of C4 will take care of M$.

OMGWTFLOLM8!!11!!one!!1! T3h M$ h4x0rz 8 mah kump00terz!

You%20lose.gif

Back