• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Voltage drop in DDR3 sticks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tikithorsen

As the tittle reads, my manually set 1.500v RAM voltage in the "PC Health" section of my BIOS shows 1.475v and in Windows shows as 1.472v.
When I manually increase +0.15v it shows an exact 1.500v on the BIOS but 1.488v on Windows.
I'm curious weather is a memory stick or a Motherboard issue or if something happens once Windows is loaded.

Last edited:
Software is dubious at best for reading voltages. If they are stable, even at 1.475, I wouldnt worry about it one bit.

Yeah, they are stable either way, that's why I'm curious.
I use Open Hardware Monitor, HWMonitor and Aida64 and they all read the exact same RAM voltage.

they all get their data from the same source, likely the source is the problem and is reading the voltage incorrectly and the software is interpreting the data differently, hence the skew.

I would trust the setting in the BIOS though.

Bios gets its listed voltage from the same place as windows, doesnt it?

Regardless, all you have are what these tell you if your board does not have voltage read points.

Back