• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Voltage fluctuation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sjattah

First: I have an i5 750 cpu with an asus p7p55d pro motherboard.

Currently it's overclocked to 3.3 GHz (Multiplier: 19, BCLK: 175). The Vcore voltage is stable at 1.22V (auto setting), and the Vtt/IMC voltage is set to 1.16875 V. When I view the voltages in BIOS, the Vtt/IMC voltage fluctuates, and sometimes it is a little bit above that voltage (for some reason, my OS only detects the Vcore sensor, so I'm unable to monitor the Vtt/IMC voltage).

If I change the multiplier to 20, the auto setting for the Vcore voltage is too low. The initial value I selected for Vcore was 1.3V (and I will decrease it after each successful test). When I run the linpack test, the voltage typically stays at 1.29V. After the initial boot the voltage was 1.28V.

I've disabled C1E and C-State. Load-Line Calibration is enabled.

What could be causing this? Is it my PSU, or could there be something else I can disable/enable to 'fix' this?

Thanks.

Some fluctuation like that is completely normal

Back