• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

voltage issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CPL.Luke

so I finally decided to push my a64 and I got it to 220 fsb and through 3dmark but its not fully stable at that speed and needs more voltage

heres the wierd part

my k8npro supports voltages upto 1.7 however anything above 1.6 doesn't boot anybody have any suggestions?

edit**** or rather bsod's

Last edited:
*off topic*
i play counter-strike does your username have anyhting to do with the CyberAthletes Professional League?! :D

its just a standard 430 watt generic

but the motherboard handles changes the voltage of the power coming into it so that couldn't be the problem, could it?

Last edited:
I have never heard of a K8N pro giving boot issues with over 1.6V Have you tried using the gigabyte sytem utility to raise the volage in windows?

And have ya tried to boot at 201MHZ with 1.7v to see if it's voltage of the OC causing the BSOD's and not the ram or quirky AGP locks causing your issues.

ok I tried booting at 201 at 1.6 and it worked..

gigabytes overclocking utility easy tune 4 however says its 1.55 and won't let me go to 1.6. because when I set it to 1.6 and hit the overclock button it just says 1.55 again

So I went to check cpu-z to find out what voltage it think my cpu's running at and it says 1.520 so I currently have no idea what voltage to believe or what voltage I'm at

oh yeah I am typing this with an fsb of 220 right now running through prime95 hoping that if its stable then Im at 1.6

Back