• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Voltage...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eXtraktor

I have a Tbred B 1700+ @ 2.2ghz but it takes 1.8volts to do it. I have an AX7 w/50cfm Sunon fan on it, is it enough to keep it cool? I touched the heatsink while the cpu was a full load and it wasnt hot so im guessing its doing a good job. Im not really worried about heat, im worried about the amount of voltage going through the cpu itself. Any thoughts?

AMD CPUs can handle up to 1.85Volts OK. Anything over about 2V and you risk damaging the chip. Running chips at higher voltages, apart from increased heat, can reduce the chips lifetime, but I wouldnt imagine it would reduce it drastically at 1.8V.

Get a monitoring program so you can check temps. Also you can play games for 1/2 hour or more to heat it up real good and restart to go into bios. There should be a screen there to tell you your temps. I think that with 1.8V you are okay below 55c. I like to stay under 50c.

As long as u have a 50cfm fan u could prob. afford 2 push the voltage 2 1.85V and overclock a little bit more. to really test if your system is stable try running a program called prime95 for 10+ hours (download it from www.aoafiles.com) and check the temp. in the bios........if prime95 has problems then ur prob running to hot.

KeeperOfSecrets said:
As long as u have a 50cfm fan u could prob. afford 2 push the voltage 2 1.85V and overclock a little bit more. to really test if your system is stable try running a program called prime95 for 10+ hours (download it from www.aoafiles.com) and check the temp. in the bios........if prime95 has problems then ur prob running to hot.

Im already familiar with all the benching programs and temp monitoring ones, thats how i got 2.1ghz, ran prime for 12 hours and watched my temps.

Back