• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VRM overheat but they are cold

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If OP continues to run that many volts on the CPU there may indeed be bolts . . . lightening bolts.

When i get mad due the this vrm i putted 1.7V or maybe 1.8v and set 5.5ghz on cpu and on air cooled and its normally boot xD I know i m stupid haha

When i get mad due the this vrm i putted 1.7V or maybe 1.8v and set 5.5ghz on cpu and on air cooled and its normally boot xD I know i m stupid haha
lol... noooooooooow we see what's going on. I bet that VRM is just beat at this point.

Time for a new PC. :)

lol... noooooooooow we see what's going on. I bet that VRM is just beat at this point.

Bro, i think can run it on ln2 mode set 2v and mb doesnt care about it, just shut down xD Btw its doesnt matter for vrm performace imo, motherboard and overall pc have a lots of protection whose dont allow you to damage itselft.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

But can you tell me how much phases i have?

Here is a short write up for your board. It states in the first paragraph you have 5+2 Power phases (which I think was already mentioned in this thread).

To state motherboard don't care it just shut down is just not true. I have killed several boards from pushing too hard and every time was during extreme cooling sessions with dry ice. To do what you are doing on air is just simply commanding your motherboard to die. If that is your goal, you are winning. Good luck with your future build.

But can you tell me how much phases i have?
i did already...Its 5+2 according to the web. I dont know what controller it uses and how many channels. But doing an eye check, id think it's 5+2 as the articles say. ..with 35A MOSFETS that are good to at least 100C.

Last edited:
Guys if i calculate well, my board can handle 175A on cpu, so on 1.6v my cpu making something around 250W, 250/1.6v its something around 165A then my board can run this cpu on that voltage yes? Btw guys can you help me to find am4 board under 150$ with good components? I prefer asus and msi, but i am open for other brands

Clearly you have an issue of some sort with that board. Working out the math isn't helpful.

I'd suggest starting another thread to find a proper mobo. We need to know what chip is going in it and your plans with it to best help. $150 isn't much though.

Back