• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

W00000000000000000000000000000000ewt!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tom10167

Guess what Tommy just bought....

I want to rip all my cds in to .wav and put them on mah Ipod but it turns out my 200GB drive is filled, as well as my Raptor 150. So I decided to jump ahead once here.

I thought my 80GB would last me forever.
I thought my 80+Raptor would last me forever.
I thought my 200 + Raptor would last me forever.
I thought my 200 + Raptor 150 would last me forever.

I hope my Raptor 150 + ONE TERABYTE HARD DRIVE will last me forevAr!

Merry Christmas to meee!

Oh yeah the reason I want all my songs in .wav is because I just bought this.

http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/new.html#tomahawk

DSC_0015.jpg

It's a headphone amp, and the best one out there! :)

Mates perfectly with my Shure E500s!

Congrats. Im in the same boat. When I got my 300gb Seagate a year and a half ago I thought it would last until I built a new system, but now theres only 20% free space and I just reinstalled windows a month ago.

Normally I still don't like to get the biggest drive available as they are usually much, much more expensive than one or sometimes two tiers down.(I remember when 500s and the 750s were outrageous)

At 39 cents a gig at ZZF it's only about nine cents a gallon more than a GOOD hard drive at a smaller size. A mere pittance when you think about it. :)

Two words man: Lossless Compression.

:)

The iPod won't play any lossless formats (unless you give it third-party firmware like RockBox) IIRC, but you won't suck up quite as much HD space while storing your collection. Check out FLAC, Monkey's Audio, WavPack (my personal fav :)), OptimFROG, etc. You should be able to save ~50% space depending on the type of music you listen to!

JigPu

JigPu said:

The iPod won't play any lossless formats (unless you give it third-party firmware like RockBox) IIRC, but you won't suck up quite as much HD space while storing your collection. Check out FLAC, Monkey's Audio, WavPack (my personal fav :)), OptimFROG, etc. You should be able to save ~50% space depending on the type of music you listen to!

JigPu

I can personally vouch for FLAC. I have Tom Waits' "Nighthawks at the Diner" and it sounds like he's in the same room...

...and that's through my laptop speakers!

rainless said:
I can personally vouch for FLAC. I have Tom Waits' "Nighthawks at the Diner" and it sounds like he's in the same room...

...and that's through my laptop speakers!

While I agree with you about FLAC, the part of your statement after "..." discredits the first part, haha. :beer:

JigPu said:

JigPu

Space schmache! I GOT A TERABYTE DRIVE!

And yeah, it supports Apple Lossless,which I guess is pretty good.

Wav is more convenient though.

Everything supports wave! :)

Back