• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

W00T!!!!!!!!!!!! I finally did it!!!!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Goodie

I finally went out and bought a new vid card. I'm going to be upgrading from a Grforce2mx400 to a MSI Geforce 4 Ti 4200 128 megs ram. I cant wait to see the difference in the 2 cards. I bet it's night and day. WooHoo!!!!!!!! I know I spent too much for it($400 cdn) but oh well, easy come easy go. :p

yep i am also going to upgrade my Geforce 2 MX 400 to a Geforce 4 ti 4200. I will be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Happy : ) : ) : ) : )

I know what you are feeling. I just upgraded my All-in-wonder Radeon 32MB DDR to a Built by ATi Radeon 8500le (now clocked @ 300/300) and I see a huge difference. Battlefield 1942 playes smoothe as butter when playing bots (no more looking like a slideshow during tank fights)!!!!

Goodie said:
I finally went out and bought a new vid card. I'm going to be upgrading from a Grforce2mx400 to a MSI Geforce 4 Ti 4200 128 megs ram. I cant wait to see the difference in the 2 cards. I bet it's night and day. WooHoo!!!!!!!! I know I spent too much for it($400 cdn) but oh well, easy come easy go. :p

did you really pay THAT MUCH?????? I hope not as nice as a crad as it is

here in Vancouver that card is check www.anitec.ca

$259 MSI Geforce 4 Ti4200-VTP 128MB DDR AGP dual SVGA & VIVO and games retail

nice card but if you really paid close to $400 you got ripped off

at www.a-power.com the same card is $249.00

cisco kid

Re: Re: W00T!!!!!!!!!!!! I finally did it!!!!!!!!!

Cisco Kid said:

did you really pay THAT MUCH?????? I hope not as nice as a crad as it is

here in Vancouver that card is check www.anitec.ca

$259 MSI Geforce 4 Ti4200-VTP 128MB DDR AGP dual SVGA & VIVO and games retail

nice card but if you really paid close to $400 you got ripped off

at www.a-power.com the same card is $249.00

cisco kid

I knew someone would try to spoil my great mood by posting something like that. Yes I did pay that much. You have to understand that I live in a very small town where there is ONE comp store and I don't have or want a credit card to shop online. In my books $400(thats after tax) is not all that bad considering how good it will run.

Well I'm here in Ontario too, and I bought from anitec with a money order, took a couple of days longer, but got their good prices, AND saved another $30 because the shipping was cheaper than PST. No PST on out of province orders, gotta love it. I've saved like $80 so far like that. Their shipping was pretty speedy too, 4 days I think, Purolator ground.

Anyway, not tryna rub your nose in it, just a tip for next time.

On the plus side though is that if you have any problems the guy who sold it is nearer, and some boards do have issues with GF4s, so with that particular part, you may have done the wisest thing. Not that it's a lemon. Just saying in case.

regards,

Road Warrior

PS, if I mail you an SAE, can you just drop the GF2 in it for me? :D half j/k

man thats the card i got today, this card is a beast, it overclocks very well, now all i gotta do is get my FSB up and run 3dmark.

I hope it likes my mainboard, I didnt know there were issues with mainboards and Geforce4 cards not likeing them. I have a Chaintech mainboard CT-6AJA4T, it's running a socket 370 P3 900mhz processor. I hope it all works well because this vid card cost me more then my mainboard and cpu put together. :\
The next thing I'm gonna go buy is a a SoundBlaster card of some sort and a set of speakers with a sub woofer. :p If all that works out well I might look into getting a faster cpu. I dont know how big I can go yet with the cpu I gotta dig out the manual, lol.

If you're lucky the board will take a 1.4G Tualatin P3 or celeron, that's about like an Athlon XP 1600, will kick P4 butt up to about 1.8G. The manual probably won't list that, with some manufacturers the only clue you get about increased support is the bios release notes. If you're very lucky you'll be able to pump the FSB up to 150 and start knocking on the door of P4 2.2G performance.

regards,

Road Warrior

RoadWarrior said:
If you're lucky the board will take a 1.4G Tualatin P3 or celeron, that's about like an Athlon XP 1600, will kick P4 butt up to about 1.8G. The manual probably won't list that, with some manufacturers the only clue you get about increased support is the bios release notes. If you're very lucky you'll be able to pump the FSB up to 150 and start knocking on the door of P4 2.2G performance.

regards,

Road Warrior

My FSB is running at 133mhz right now ans I can clock my current Cpu up to 1 ghz , but have brought it back down to 900mhz because thre were some weird things happening, mostly just hanging up on the first boot up screen and needing me to push the restart button several times. :\ Anyway , I'll let you guys know what happens when I get the card in my hands. ( tomorrow i hope, they gotta ship it) .

Good for you man!!! OO just wait till you can hold that bad boy in your fingers....imagine how it will smell and what it will look like....and how happy ur comp will be!!

BTW: Dont get me wrong but maybe you could put your old card up on e-bay...cuz I would pay like 20 bucks for it...perhaps we could hash out a deal. I need a vid card for my new system...and Im waiting for the NV30 to come out...until then I think a g2 mx would do fine.

Thanks a bunch!!!!

Sorry for bumping this back up to the top, but today I got my card in my hands and now it's installed. This thing looks wicked, it's red. I got Aquanox, No One Lives Forever, Sacrifice and a bunch of other software with it. I like this card, it rocks compared to that mx crap I had. Anywho, just wanted to show how excited I am. :p
Just like christmas around here, im gonna go get sound blaster audagy(spelling sorry) and some new speakers soon.

Back