• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED WafflePool under DDOS attack

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hopefully everyone has a failover. This is why you list more than one.....

I do have a fail over, but its just another wafflepool :( So i lost out on a 4 hours before i turned off my rigs)

They are both back up and running now, running on clevermining.

Not the biggest loss i could have taken considering.

Resolved - the stratum are available again as of an hour or so ago.

This affected all their servers of which they were my failovers. So we should have a failover set to a different pool all together?

Resolved - the stratum are available again as of an hour or so ago.

This affected all their servers of which they were my failovers. So we should have a failover set to a different pool all together?

Probably. Like have both waffle servers set, and clever as an absolute backup.

Now to get that working again as when I switched to Kalroth's cgminer, having more than one pool would bork the config file (even though it worked just fine on sgminer).

I currently have 3 servers set as failover. I have had up to six. Usually I swap around and try different pools, when I swap sometimes I will just add one at the top or swap around the order of the pools, keeping all of my info, For most pools in the file.

I am increasingly home less and less so my computers have been stuck to waffle for about a solid month with almost no interaction from me. powercycled once when one of the boxes hung. thats about it.

only have the west coast waffle server set for failover, with east as prime. maybe i'll think about either setting the failover to something else or moving to a new algo

If the ddos attacks become a regular thing again, then more failovers could be needed. When this happened to litecoin, all of the major pools would get hit. It happened to bitcoin as well, when bitcoin could still be mined with GPUs.

If the ddos attacks become a regular thing again, then more failovers could be needed. When this happened to litecoin, all of the major pools would get hit. It happened to bitcoin as well, when bitcoin could still be mined with GPUs.

The DDOS is hitting multiple scrypt coin pools AND is hitting at least one BTC pool too.

Back