• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Want an EZ H2O cooling system-> look here.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you don't want to learn but just want to Buy stuff, believe me, the above list WILL get you a system that is better than any kit or pre-configured system for sale by anyone.
Can't be said any better than that. Don't waste your time and money with pre-built systems. Both of the systems you mentioned can be outperformed by decent aircooling.

I say more people should look into 172mm fans, and make shrouds for those
I've got a couple myself, and they do run very quiet(24v on 12v), but not any quieter than my 120mm with a rheostat turned all the way down. They're also very big in both width and height, and this poses more problems. They're too wide to fit in many cases, and are in fact larger than most heatercores. They're not a bad option at all, but probably not worth the effort for most.

If you do decide to go with a prebuilt system, the Corsair unit has had the best reviews so far.

I think you will probably be more pleased with the results from a do-it-yourself rig though- performance will probably be much better resulting in cpu temp of at least 7-10c less than with any prebuilt/kit.

Do some research into the components and so forth, think about how you could fit everything into the case and then decide....

any good U.S. sites to buy these items from. newegg.com, heatsinkfactory.com, crazpc and others don't have any of these:Eheim 1250, cascade waterblock, Chevette heater core, and the other items rogerdugams mentioned

nm thx i decided to get a kit and then build one myself after i try watercooling for the first time i can always return the kit =) besides i am going for a quiet system and one that i make myself will be too noisy plz help me out:

please help me figure out which is better:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...g=7&manufactory=1617&DEPA=1&sortby=14&order=1

or the koolance exos

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?DEPA=&submit=Go&description=exos

or are they both the same

please take a good look at the pictures i think the exos is using 2 pumps but the koolance water cooled case is only using 1 pump.

they may look the same but i have a feeling one is a better performer. i know for a fact the exos has 2 12v pumps but it look like the koolance case system has 1pump or does that 1 pump = 2 exos pumps i am confused but this is the only thing i i want ill build it myself with my next pc. besides if the temps suck newegg will accept a full refund =)

Last edited:
If you have decided on a kit then I suggest none of the offerings from Koolance- neither of the offerings you linked to perform as well as the best prebuilt system currently available.

Here is a link to a thread about the Corsair Hydro Cool.

It is about the best reviewed unit out right now, and although it will do better than anything form Koolance, it does not compare favorably with a home-built unit.

ooooo perfect thread! just make those lil items hyperlinks to buy them for the best price on the web and u would a nubs savior!

I have a Koolance Exos (Got it as a gift). Temps aren't too bad. I have not gone past 45C w/a vcore of 1.85(I think.) I am saving up some money for another rig which will have a home built wC setup. I wish I got money instead of the Exos as a gift so I could have built a decent WC setup. The Exos was very easy to set up. It took me about half an hour to get it up and working. I suggest the Exos if you don't want to build your own WC setup and don't care too much about temps. The other thing I do have to point out is that the Exos is pretty quiet. I hope I was of some help.

I want to build a water cooling system, but I want to keep it external, any ideas or links on how to do that? Also, how do I set up the relay? Or whatever it is called where the pump and fans start going before the computer gets turned on.

Why does everyone seem to be against the use of a resevoir? I can't see how that could increase the temperatures any. Hell, with a TEC unit, it could lower them even.

Back