• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Want to change all fans to one brand(corsair), please help me pick what I need.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Undead_Douche

I am looking to change all my fans to one brand (corsair) and need suggestions on what to put where in the case. I know nothing about static pressure and such. I dont particularly want the quiet editions fans, i also don't need a jet turbine but i would like to keep things pretty cool. I am going to order all fans via Amazon prime and they seen to have all the corsair fans available.

Ambient temp in my house varies from 21c-22c , rear of case sets about 10-12in from the corner of a wall

I also am willing to buy a fan controller to control them all if suggested

NXT Tempest 410

2x 120 on front
1x120 on bottom in front of psu
rear exhaust will be rad mount for my 295x2 (i want to push/pull so 2x fans there)
on top is h100 cpu cooler (push pull so 4 fans needed there)

side is vented, looks like it would take 2x 120mm fans but if you dont think they are needed ill just leave it as vents

My Rig:
Fx-8350 4.5ghz w/ Corsair H100i
ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0
Crucial Ballistic 16gb DDR3 1600mhz
XFX R295x2
Corsair RM1000
NZXT Tempest 410
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Last edited:
I would look at better fans than Corsair, they're just "okay" fans.

Do front/bottom/side panel as intake, and top/rear as exhaust.

I know there are better fans, however they generally are much more expensive. I would like to stay in the $10-15 range for most of the fans.

I've seen Noctua for $17/fan, that's right at your budget.

I wouldn't go with Corsair fans either. I bought 8 sp120 quiet editions and they perfom ok at full speed but on PWM or voltage reducer they are sub par.
Another thing is that mounting them blowing upwards my fans have serious rattle issue. If you want good fans, buy noctua's. If you want cheaper fans you should buy something like artic F series fans. In push/pull static pressure doesn't matter that much.

Back