• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Want to Write Articles for the OC Website? We need you!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DenonSix

Registered
Hello General Hardware readers and posters! OCF is starting a new ‘program’, if you will. The main page at Overclockers.com is reuniting with the forums and is gearing up to lean more heavily toward user-generated content.

We are going to always be on the lookout for posts that might interest the overclocking population as a whole and will correspond with those posters to gauge their interest in writing articles. If you want to write an article without making it a forum post first, that’s fine as well! Have a look at the Article Template here if you would like to check it out.

This is where the forum as a whole comes in. Anyone that sees a post you deem worthy of front page conversion, by all means PM your content editor and it will be taken into consideration.

There are also some people that have offered to help with (and can be relied upon for) fact checking. These folks are our Forum Experts and deserve recognition. For the General Hardware section, these folks are still being determined. If you are interested, please PM DenonSix.

This isn’t just limited to this forum either. This is happening all over! In case you see anything elsewhere, the content editors for all of the forums are:

Neuromancer - AMD CPUs and Mobos, General CPUs, Memory
Jamesman32 - AMD CPUs and Mobos, Air Cooling
Ben333 - Modding
sno.lcn - Intel CPUs
Earthdog - Intel CPUs and Mobos
hokiealumnus - Water Cooling, Microsoft Operating Systems
Stratus_ss - Alternative Operating Systems
Shellnut2 - Folding, SETI, Rosetta, Benching, Other Distributed Computing Projects
Splat - Cyber Deals
jhanby - Sound, HTPC
ghost_recon88 - ATI
DenonSix - General Hardware
zangler - nVidia

If you have any questions about the article process, what you can do to help, writing articles or anything having to do with the front page, just post them here or PM me. I'll do my best to answer any inquiries and if I don't have the answer, I'll get it for you.

Thanks for your help in making this not only a great forum but for helping improve our homepage!

Ohh Noooo!
what will I do now?
How can I live my life normaly?...
NoooOOoooo.... omg....omg... I turned American... omg...

lol

stickydead or deadsticky?
for sure it ain't the same.

:sn:

I think Bony-M had some song about that kind of ticket...

ok
so would like to choose with what I start first?

1. Turning normal PSU into modular PSU.
2. "Design Intent" of Modular Case from CAD, Engineering (mechanical/Electrical & some thermal designing) point of view.

The first one is short & easy the second one is very long & forum involve dynamic feedback.

:bang head :chair: :screwy:

so be it.

Hope you don't mind small me doing it on a small old ATX type junk.

btw
I just notice your Avatar... Is that a REAL Banana??? lol

:salute:

:chair:

Last edited:
Where are you writing at? Since your article is modding related, I wanted to look over it.

Where are you writing at? Since your article is modding related, I wanted to look over it.

crazy day today... first was Elvis... now you... who's next; Monica Lewinsky? (I did NOT had sex with that PSU lol)
;)

well m8 I'm on the engineering side & so I absolutely have no clew where it will get posted when ready, so I guess you'll have to ask some one from the marketing. It's on the other side of ""that"" corridor but we engineers normally don't go that place because they have the most neglected coffee machine on the planet! (our machine is of course much better, it got non metallic boobs & we name it "secretary" make much better coffee...)
:shrug:

In other words: it's up to the forum administrators to decide where to post it.
Of course you're most welcome to look on it
:cool:

:shock::chair::shock:

Last edited:
Often times people write the articles on the site, like you write a forum post (except for articles you write them in wordpress, instead of in vbulletin). Authors write things up and can save it as a draft, then once everyones looked it over and its ready to go we press the publish button which actually posts it live on the site.

I don't think you have a wordpress account yet, but provide your email address and I can get your account setup (private message me if you like), then you can copy and paste your article to the site, and we can look it over and provide feedback. :)

Often times people write the articles on the site, like you write a forum post (except for articles you write them in wordpress, instead of in vbulletin). Authors write things up and can save it as a draft, then once everyones looked it over and its ready to go we press the publish button which actually posts it live on the site.

I don't think you have a wordpress account yet, but provide your email address and I can get your account setup (private message me if you like), then you can copy and paste your article to the site, and we can look it over and provide feedback. :)

CoooOoooL

Will PM'ya Shortly

:cool::chair::cool:

I PMed you about a week ago...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:(:chair::(

Thanks, I've got 66 PMs since yours on the 1st and this is one I forgot to follow up on. Appreciate the reminder. You are all set now.

Back