• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wanting Mobile CPU Upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JLK03F150

What have I done! Member
I'm thinking about upgrading the T2370 Pentium (1.73GHz 1MB L2) in my notebook & I'm trying to figure out what I want to go with. I'm limited to 800FSB max on socket P. I can run either 65 or 45nm chips.

I'd like a T8300 2.4Ghz, but it's kinda way outta my price range. The T7700 (2.4GHz 4MB L2) is my next choice, and the T6600 (2.2GHz 2MB L2) is my budget pick.

I know the 200MHz clock will make little difference, but what about 65nm 4GB L2 vs 45nm 2MB L2?

The notebook is used for NERO, winrar, hjsplit, Audiograbber...

I can afford the T7700, but the T6600 is about $65 less. I'm wondering if I'll be happy with the cheaper/slow/less L2 T6600 CPU or if I should just get the T7700.

Honestly for the price difference you will probably not notice the speed difference enough to worry. I would go for the cheaper one, it will still be a noticeable improvement over your current setup.

:)

Tough call. The T7700 will be faster, perhaps noticeably considering what you use it for. But the T6600 might give you improved battery life and lower operating temps. You can't go wrong with either of them. If money is a concern I'd probably just get the T6600.

Back