• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking a Notebook Intel C2D T7700 from 2.4Ghz to 2.6Ghz... HELP please!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cujucuyo

Hi guys, I'm EXTREMELY NEW to the concept of overclocking (I've read a little bit about it but that's it); Ok, so I just bought a brand new gaming notebook from CyberpowerPC, an Xplorer-X7, here are the main specs:

*17" Widescreen WSXGA 1680x1050.
*No OS (I'm installing Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit ~ Got it for free @ work).
*Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Mobile T7700 Dual-Core Processor @ 2.40GHz 800FSB 4MB L2 Cache 64-bit.
*4GB PC5300 DDR2-667 SODIMM Memory.
*Mobile Intel PM965 + ICH-8M Chipset Mainboard.
*120GB 7200RPM SATA150 HARD DRIVE.
*Built-in MS-6837D Bluetooth 2.0
*Built-in NVIDIA GeForce Go 8600M GT 512MB with Turbo Cache Technology Video...

I'm wondering if overclocking the Processor from 2.4Ghz to a 2.6Ghz would be possible without doing any damage that might screw me up from the beginning? If you could refer me to a proper guide/Thread or you can give me some info. that would be awesome, thanks in advance!

**I don't have the computer yet, my brother just picked it up from CyberpowerPC and will bring it to me on the 20th (I'm in El Salvador).

**I searched on the T7700 but no luck.

Last edited:
Does the BIOS allow overclocking? As far as I know, 99% of notebooks don't allow overclocking (through the BIOS) and the only one that does is the Dell XPS M1710. Even then theres only one processor it can overclock, the T7600G.

Sadly with the cooling and limited space in laptops these days, overclocking just doesn't seem to be a very real possibility.

Does the BIOS allow overclocking? As far as I know, 99% of notebooks don't allow overclocking (through the BIOS) and the only one that does is the Dell XPS M1710. Even then theres only one processor it can overclock, the T7600G.

Sadly with the cooling and limited space in laptops these days, overclocking just doesn't seem to be a very real possibility.

I'll see if it allows me, but from what you said I probably won't even try, the heat on a notebook will probably fry everything inside... o_O

you would be able to pin mod the cpu but the way the new ones work. is that when you do it, it will for the lower multi with the higher fsb. this happened with socket P cpus with a 667 fsb. now its a 800fsb part so you cant go that route since no lappies have a 1066cpu fsb. as pointed out the only mobile cpus are the T7600G and the X7900 which allow the multi to be upped. which will oc the cpu without any fsb changing at all. you might see if FSBSET might work or even clockgen. you just need to know the PLL used in the laptop to try ocing that way.

Back