• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WAR Hammer Online

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The last MMO I played was Guild Wars. I really liked the PVP in it, but eventually couldnt keep up with all the skill changes every month + skill additions via expansions.

Are there any Guild Wars players here that are playing this and loving it?

ive reinstalled everything inc windows. and the dam game 3 times. reallly disapointed with EA right now. to think the retail disc doesnt work....wtf....

ive reinstalled everything inc windows. and the dam game 3 times. reallly disapointed with EA right now. to think the retail disc doesnt work....wtf....

Dude you must have gotten some kind of lemon... I'd try and get it swapped man.

Bought my copy last night at Wal-mart works just fine. :bang head

swapped it over 10 mins ago setup doesnt look or run any different will find out at the end tho......

its weird ive got DX9.0c installe and when i put in the disc it says it requires more uptodate then that....

ok jsut reinstalled with new disc's and same error thanks dmaaack am DL that now will try that if that doesnt fix this game ive had it. taking it back refund never looking at a EA mythic MMO again. hope thats now the case cos ive been hanging out for t his for ages.

well thats really sad... reinstalled after i loaded the linked DX update. same thing EA downlaod manager shows nothing in it. nothing to DL nothing to play....nothing. taking the game back gettin a refund and never looking at WAR again.

Im really discapointed that this is the outcome.

youve got to be kidding me. i was 2 seconds away form going to the store when i decided to check my mail. good one EA.

Issues with Warhammer Online Discs - AU and NZ

We have identified an issue with the Warhammer Online Standard Editions in AU
and NZ. Some of you have mentioned that after installing the game, there is no
icon on your desktop (the shortcut would look like a small black window).

Please be aware that we are aware of the problem and have investigated the
cause of it. There was a dvd duplication error and as a result, the exe
file is corrupted. This issue only affects Warhammer Standard Editions in AU
and NZ. Collector Editions are not affected. Read on for instructions on how to
resolve this issue.

A new file is available for download from
here(http://files.filefront.com/warpatchexe/;11292885;/fileinfo.html). Alternatively, we have
also set up a
patch download page

Instructions for installing the patch:

· Download the patch.

· Move or save the program file into the folder where you had saved the
install.

· Click on the patch.

· Enter your game account login and password.

· Check the "Perform Full File Check" box.

· Run download (click OK)

· When all patching has finished, click play.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and hope you have a great launch
weekend!

For Warhammer Online live update news, please visit
WAR Herald

*Good only for the "Warhammer

Last edited:
OK so... I'm letting it to this late so cut me a little slack:

Is their a "Overclockers" guild yet? Who is the leader? Looks like theirs two sides, "Order" and "Destruction" got Guild on both?
What server is "Overclockers" playing on?
Got a Vent server set up yet?
Is their a class that can command pets and have them fight for you?

OK so... I'm letting it to this late so cut me a little slack:

Is their a "Overclockers" guild yet? Who is the leader? Looks like theirs two sides, "Order" and "Destruction" got Guild on both?
What server is "Overclockers" playing on?
Got a Vent server set up yet?
Is their a class that can command pets and have them fight for you?

There is a guild, it is not a "overclockers" guild as that would make it a 5 player guild. Instead, several members here have a gamers guild, found here www.exceedgamers.org and those from overclockers who didnt have a guild joined up with them (note: several members here have been long time members with this guild) I *think DaPoets could explain more if needed.

Server is Ulthuan and there is a vent server
It is a destruction guild, and I dont know any order :p
The squig herder has a pet squig

The 'warlock' type class also has some demon pets, forgot what they are called though. If you decide to roll on our server and join us, which we hope you do!, we could use another tank if you wanted. But any class is welcome!

I bought and installed the game, I'm level 6 so far and I am not terribly impressed. The animations are poor, it feels like I'm stuck at medium graphics, and it's not immersive. It feels like a "WoW Lite" for people who cant be bothered to read quest text.

Am I playing it wrong?

I bought and installed the game, I'm level 6 so far and I am not terribly impressed. The animations are poor, it feels like I'm stuck at medium graphics, and it's not immersive. It feels like a "WoW Lite" for people who cant be bothered to read quest text.

Am I playing it wrong?

Give it some more time and try participating in a keep seige in the RvR zones. It's unfair to warhammer to compare it to WoW considering WoW has been out for 4 years. If you played WoW when it first came out, it wasn't much better in terms of animations / graphics.

Make sure to try some scenarios too (their battlegrounds are more fun than WoW's imo and there are actually more than 4!)

If you're favorite part of MMO's is PvE you probably won't like this game.

It's unfair to warhammer to compare it to WoW considering WoW has been out for 4 years. If you played WoW when it first came out, it wasn't much better in terms of animations / graphics.

Actually, it was! I played WoW from closed beta until about 6 months ago.

[/QUOTE]

If you're favorite part of MMO's is PvE you probably won't like this game.

I'm a hardcore PvPer, I cant wait to experience more of it!

We are moving right along and are at Guild Rank 7 already! We have had a great number of people on Ventrilo all the time and this has let many of us here get to know each other much better than forums are able to. We have had a number of schedule events in game, taken over Keeps, defended territory, public quests, tome unlocks to get everyone matching cloaks, and lots of scenarios! We will be doing a good number of Dungeons now as our lvls have been going up. I'm lvl 17 right now which is one of the highest and I think we have about 6 or 7 around this level. Dungeons can really be done around level 14 or so depending on the group you have so we will put a Dungeon night on the calendar. Please go to www.exceedgamers.org and make sure you are registered there as well, and post so we know who is who. (in game names tend to be different than forum names)

Thanks!

Well. Had a really good sunday. Got a few hours in, a 4 lvl increase (lvl 16), and alot of killing :)

While the large scale battles might not totally be my thing currently, the smaller zone or senerio instances are much better for me currently. At least til I get use to this whole new MMO interface and learn the ups and downs of things. Did manage to get into 1 castle takeover though and that was fun, I didn't even die :)

I wouldn't say there isn't alot of PvE either. Formed about 3 groups and 4 warbands for some Public Quests. Had a few hours of fun doing that. All in all a good time :) With now just over 1 day of play time.

just over 5 hours /played now, just dinged rank 11 last session.

still loving this game :)

as for people saying that this is too pvp oriented, since no-one has played engame yet they cannot compare it to wow endgame. The leveling process so far has more PvE content than WoW however, it just has the very fun pvp sections as well, so overall offering more than twice as much to do while leveling. I can see this game being fun to level lots and lots of chars, unlike wow which was just a rush to get your char to max level so that you could 'start'

As a guild we have only been doing organized bloodshed of Order. We will start to get a balance going and doing some Dungeons as that is great experience to be had in there to help people lvl, great gear, and learn how to better work w/ the other classes (like standing behind Orc Tanks to get better defence and buffs) Keep an eye on the Guild Calendar.

Back