• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water chiller options...?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dtrunk

NOT FOR A PC; this is for a 30 site aero-cloner which runs about 5 gals at 80-85ish, and I need that do drop to 70-75ish. ambient is 75-80ish. I was looking at this http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-10-HP-Hyd...ltDomain_0&hash=item4ab80ba762#ht_3654wt_1058 but thought I could also do something myself. Since I'll have to buy a pump for the chiller, I could simply pump through a coil of copper and use TECs? any other thoughts? as you can see I dont need an extreme amount of cooling, I think $350 for 1/10hp of cooling is overkill and I could have more fun building this myself.

I've been reading stickies, just need some guidance. how many watts of total cooling should I go for? copper coil and TECs? I could use a radiator and TECs? trying to see other design angles.

EDIT: I'd love to work in a control system, I can take the temp in the cloner via probe or work something in to the project. thoughts on this?

Any idea what kind of heat load you're working with?
I must confess I have no idea what an Aero-cloner is, I need to do some googling.
Temp range wise that's in a TEC's happy place, so it's possible.

Back