• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water cooled 4870x2 Trying to get the most from it!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Buzz3890

I am a extreme overclocker and I would lke to make my Visiontek 4870x2 faster. It is water cooled with a danger den full block but im only able to hit 790 mhz and 990 mhz on mem. I have seen others with better results and I am ****ed. At the timewhen I was buying my card no one explained that there was any differance so I went with visiontek since it had a lifetime warranty ( for resale value) . It looks like I should have gotten a asus or another brand and now its to late. I read abou these volt mods and im debating on them and bios flashing. Can some one send me some facts here on what I cando to get the most out of my card. Also is it worht getting 2 of these cards, seems like people are not getting the performance they are paying for and im tired of nvidia people beating me on crysis frame rates. Yes I can solder and would rather not but will if I have to.

My system is a asus rampage formula with a qx9650 @ 4.4 ghz Water cooled and 4 gigs 1066 ram.

I really think these 4870x2's have more power but getting ti out is another story

Back