• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skoville

Registered
Hello all,
I have a IN WIN GT1 case and wanted to install a Nepton 240L in. I find no way of mounting the radiator or the pump. No through holes. Anyone have any success installing a water cooler in this case? I think I either have to get a different case or cooler. Ideas?

It supports 2x 120mm fans up top, it should support any 240mm radiator up there

Yes and thank you for the reply. I think that's the rub. The IN WIN GT1 has no flat top and no way to mount. The back side of the MB doesn't have any through holes to mount the plate. I've watched installation videos many times 1st. I believe it's eat the IN WIN and get a Trooper or another cooler. I might have to settle for an air cooler. Hate to with a FX 9590.
Oddly, when I looked up Trooper, they recommended Corsair.

The plate gets mounted on the motherboard, not the case...

IN WIN GT1 White SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower
Yes I know the through holes are through the MB. Not on my GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD5

Well, you shouldn't be scared of your own equipment but you must respect it. Lest we forget the guy a while ago who put the USB2 header into a 1394 jack and borked his motherboard. or "Pastey", the guy who put an entire tube of AS5 between his CPU and his HSF.

Back