• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Coolers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yep check theres a need/benefit to cooling the North bridge with the AMD though :Shrug:

its why we preffer you to choose the right parts for yourself... then your clued up on how to build on what youve already obtained.

we like future proof and proven reliable tackle :)

i normally get 10 feet per build i do. i end up with about 3-4 feet left over. better safe then sorry.

i don't see fittings (unless you plan to add the option when you check out)

don't see fans.

also grab a silver kill coil and or pt nuke.

other then that your fine.

#Laughs# spawn - that first line sounds like some 1950`s joke I think you just need to insert "funny thing was" just after that full stop #Chuckles#

Edit: ROFL - does it happen everytime you do a build, ROFL - some more

spawn in carry on cooling... #Chuckles#

i normally get 10 feet per build i do. i end up with about 3-4 feet left over. better safe then sorry.

i don't see fittings (unless you plan to add the option when you check out)

don't see fans.

also grab a silver kill coil and or pt nuke.

other then that your fine.

I asked on my other post what sort of fittings i will need?
also the fans i will decide later unless anyone has a idea of what would be good in push pull?

what is the silver kill coil and pt nuke for?

thanks.

must be my turn again...

the coil and ptnuke keep algae and bacteria from breeding in the loop and coating everything up.

#Laughs# spawn - that first line sounds like some 1950`s joke I think you just need to insert "funny thing was" just after that full stop #Chuckles#

Edit: ROFL - does it happen everytime you do a build, ROFL - some more

spawn in carry on cooling... #Chuckles#

lol, i thought my mind was dirty... :)

I asked on my other post what sort of fittings i will need?
also the fans i will decide later unless anyone has a idea of what would be good in push pull?

what is the silver kill coil and pt nuke for?

thanks.

sorry i skimmed through the thread.

for fittings i like DD Fat boys, link here. though your after 3/8" so these will do.

or compression fittings :)

the silver and pt nuke is for a biocide to prevent growth. use it with distilled water and your good to go.

on the fittings side you need a pair for each piece of equip unless there built in.

the chilled pc its the barbs option at the bottom of each item you can purchase with the options.

if your at a sight that doesnt do that then you need to sum up how many you need and order according.

Thanks for filling me in on the fittings lol.

how about fans any ideas?

thanks for all your help :salute:

as I posted earlyer the yates are your entry option

edit: the more roughly over 1600rpm you go the more noise you have to live with for not much performance increase.... going on your average nothing special fan.

yep three one side three the other. push/pull.

alll facing the same way obviously. push/pull.

I know what you mean... was only a few months back it was clear as mud to me.

but once thoes bits are in your hands it will become clear :)

it comes down to looks, both hold the tubing well and will work. so if you feel the compressions look better and want to pay the extra do it. otherwise get barbs and use gear/worm clamps or 2 zip ties in either direction pull tight.

So both are safe really, just want to make sure everything is right as its my first time with water :salute:

So both are safe really, just want to make sure everything is right as its my first time with water :salute:

Compression fittings add a lot of cleanliness to the case, and as far as I can tell are usually more secure, BUT, you can't ever really tell in advance if a tube is slipping off or something... you just have to trust them.

Back