• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water cooling Adventure help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's odd because the 780 FTWs aren't listed and again, if I recall correctly a EVGA rep on their forums told us that they weren't. Even here people had issues with a reference WB on a FTW.

That's odd because the 780 FTWs aren't listed and again, if I recall correctly a EVGA rep on their forums told us that they weren't. Even here people had issues with a reference WB on a FTW.

Beats me, but the OP can use a reference block for his GPU, so threadjack over.

OP, I would just grab the EK reference block since they say theirs fits the FTW.

Welcome to OCFs!

If you go with a rig that is quiet (low fpi rads) than you need more heatsurface aka rad space where if you go high FPI than you just need more RPM.

I've seen some amazing buildlogs on the Corsair 540. I would use the Nexxus ST30 360 up front as intake and ST30 240mm up top as intake as well. This will create positive pressure and exhaust through the back of the case. Front is filtered but the top will need to be filtered. If you decide not to filter the top than use it as exhaust.

If you really want a silent rig with great fans I would look at the Noiseblockers eloops PWM.

For pump and res I would look at the XSPC Photon D5 270. Make sure there's room for it and where it will be installed.

I would stick with distilled water and a silver killcoil.

Primochill Advanced LRT (RED) is the best tubing out there in the marketplace.

Make sure you measure before purchasing anything.

Have I miss anything?? minus the top rad cause its sold out gotta buy it straight from the manufacturer

Part # Product Description Qty Price Total
ex-rad-374

Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper Slim Profile Triple 120mm Radiator $67.99 $67.99
fan-656

Noiseblocker NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 120mm x 25mm Ultra Quiet Fan - 1400 RPM - 20 dBA

Sleeve The Cable(s): Yes (Select Sleeve Color Next) ($5.99)
Select Your Cable Sleeve Color: Kobra High Density UV Red
Select Your Heatshrink Color: Red UV Reactive
$25.94 $77.82
fan-1049

Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-4 120mmx25mm Ultra Silent Bionic Blade Fan - 2400 RPM - 34.29 dBA

Sleeve The Cable(s): Yes (Select Sleeve Color Next) ($5.99)
Select Your Cable Sleeve Color: Kobra High Density White
Select Your Heatshrink Color: White
$28.94 $57.88
fan-1053

Swiftech Helix 140mm x 25mm Z-Bearing Fan - 1500 RPM (HELIX-140-BW)

Sleeve The Cable(s): Yes (Select Sleeve Color Next) ($3.99)
Select Your Cable Sleeve Color: White
Select Your Heatshrink Color: White
$14.98 $14.98
ex-tub-1629

PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT Tubing 7/16"ID x 5/8" OD - 10ft Retail Pack - Elegant White (PFLEXA10-758-W) w/ Free Sys Prep $24.99 $24.99
ex-tub-1621

PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT Tubing 7/16"ID x 5/8" OD - 10ft Retail Pack - Bloodshed Red (PFLEXA10-758-R) w/ Free Sys Prep $24.99 $24.99
ex-blc-1180

EK Supremacy Universal CPU Liquid Cooling Block - Full Copper (EK-Supremacy - Full Copper)

$111.97 $111.97
ex-blc-1218

EK VGA Supremacy Universal High Performance VGA Cooling Block - Acrylic (EK-VGA Supremacy) $52.99 $105.98
ex-tub-2833

Bitspower G1/4 Thread 7/16" ID x 5/8" OD Rotary Compression Fitting - White (BP-DWRCPF-CC6) $15.49 $61.96
ex-tub-2209

Bitspower G1/4 Thread 7/16" ID x 5/8" OD Compression Fitting - Deep Bold Red (BP-DBRCPF-CC6) $10.49 $62.94
ex-pmp-27

Swiftech MCP655-B 12v Water Pump w/ 3/8" Conversion Kit (317 GPH) $89.95
ex-res-235

FrozenQ PC Mods 160mm Liquid Fusion Reservoir V Series "2nd Generation"- UV Cathode - Fluorescent Red Helix $94.99 $94.99
ex-rad-180

Black Ice SR1 Low Air Flow Optimized - 140 Radiator - Black

Select Optional Fan Mounting Hardware - 4 Pack: 30mm Hex Screws-Black (25mm fans) ($2.50)

Not sure what pump I should use with that resevoir.. Is this better than what I have selected?

Last edited:
I am a bit confused with the fan selection. Just simplify the listings and explain what is being used with what etc. Simple name of the product and create a link to it if you can.

Performance-pcs.com is another site you can use if frozencpu doesn't have it in stock.

I am a bit confused with the fan selection. Just simplify the listings and explain what is being used with what etc. Simple name of the product and create a link to it if you can.

Performance-pcs.com is another site you can use if frozencpu doesn't have it in stock.

ex-rad-374

Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper Slim Profile Triple 120mm Radiator

Noiseblocker NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 120mm x 25mm Ultra Quiet Fan - 1400 RPM - 20 dBA
3 of them for the front rad

Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-4 120mmx25mm Ultra Silent Bionic Blade Fan - 2400 RPM - 34.29 dBA
2 Of them for the top rad

Swiftech Helix 140mm x 25mm Z-Bearing Fan - 1500 RPM (HELIX-140-BW)
1 of these for the exhaust

PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT Tubing 7/16"ID x 5/8" OD - 10ft - Elegant White

PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT Tubing 7/16"ID x 5/8" OD - 10ft - Bloodshed Red

EK Supremacy Universal CPU Liquid Cooling Block - Full Copper (EK-Supremacy - Full Copper)

EK VGA Supremacy Universal High Performance VGA Cooling Block - Acrylic (EK-VGA Supremacy)

Bitspower G1/4 Thread 7/16" ID x 5/8" OD Rotary Compression Fitting - White x 4

Bitspower G1/4 Thread 7/16" ID x 5/8" OD Compression Fitting - Deep Bold Red x 6

FrozenQ PC Mods 160mm Liquid Fusion Reservoir V Series "2nd Generation"- UV Cathode - Fluorescent Red Helix

Black Ice SR1 Low Air Flow Optimized - 140 Radiator - Black

4 Pack: 30mm Hex Screws-Black (25mm fans) ($2.50)

Pump and back

Took out all the sleeving and stuff cause that really doesn't matter.

Last edited:
Alright, thanks for that OP. Are these the finalized parts you want and or ordered? If you haven't ordered I could assist you in a nice setup for your 540 that most use because of rad space permitting for a nice quiet build. Let me know and what retail stores you're able to purchase from if you're from overseas.

Alright, thanks for that OP. Are these the finalized parts you want and or ordered? If you haven't ordered I could assist you in a nice setup for your 540 that most use because of rad space permitting for a nice quiet build. Let me know and what retail stores you're able to purchase from if you're from overseas.

Only thing I've bought so far are the radiators. I'm going with a red and white heaven vs hell theme. Got uv invisible paint coming in for the tubing. (Brush on) but that's about all I'm set on. I got a memory express close by that can order what ever in.

I am assuming you calculated your heat load for said heat surface because I am not sure exactly what you'll be cooling other than your CPU. Are you going to change GPU(s)?

What rads are these that you purchased and did you make sure they won't have installation issues since most rads out there would in a Air 540. The standard and best fit rads are the ST30 360mm (Front/Exhaust) and the ST30 240mm (Top/Intake). Reason why I say best fit is because of the room thats left for only a push or pull plus the addition of fittings and tubing. Hope you did your measurements.

Slow down on the purchasing till we know exactly whats been picked and set.

I am assuming you calculated your heat load for said heat surface because I am not sure exactly what you'll be cooling other than your CPU. Are you going to change GPU(s)?

What rads are these that you purchased and did you make sure they won't have installation issues since most rads out there would in a Air 540. The standard and best fit rads are the ST30 360mm (Front/Exhaust) and the ST30 240mm (Top/Intake). Reason why I say best fit is because of the room thats left for only a push or pull plus the addition of fittings and tubing. Hope you did your measurements.

Slow down on the purchasing till we know exactly whats been picked and set.

Yeah of course I measured :). Seeing as they don't have a full block for the 4gb 770 ftw. Im just going with the universal ek supremacy for my gpus. According to EKs website they do fit. Just not a full plate. Gonna have to wait for one of those to come out for my rig. Also really set on that frozenQ helix.

Yeah got a ST30 360, 240 and 140 for the exhaust. I'm not going to go with a push pull set up. Imo makes it look too crowded.

Around +- 5.403 BTU a minute.

Most if not all Universal blocks will fit any GPU most of the time.

On rads you seem good but hope that 140mm will fit. Haven't seen anyone put one back there as of yet. If you go intake up top make sure you get some filters for it.

As for the GTX 770 4GB FTW, if budget isn't an issue, I believe you can step-up to a 780 6GB reference and get a WB that way if you'd like. :D

Haha that I can do. Just looked it up and I'm eligible. Thanks for the tip I wouldn't have thought of it.

I measured the space out and it should fit so I think were good. What else would you recommend for the set up?

I would honestly keep the rad fans the same. The best rad fans out there atm are the Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12s. They move lots of air and are silent like the AP-15s which are barely to be found since its closing.

As for the reservoir, I personally would choose anything but FrozenQ. Have you taken a look at the XSPC Photon 270 Tube Glass Cylinder Reservoir / Pump Combo (D5 Vario)? Great res/pump combo especially for your case. Hopefully there's enough room for it. I know some have used that for their 540 loops.

I would honestly keep the rad fans the same. The best rad fans out there atm are the Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12s. They move lots of air and are silent like the AP-15s which are barely to be found since its closing.

As for the reservoir, I personally would choose anything but FrozenQ. Have you taken a look at the XSPC Photon 270 Tube Glass Cylinder Reservoir / Pump Combo (D5 Vario)? Great res/pump combo especially for your case. Hopefully there's enough room for it. I know some have used that for their 540 loops.

Goings to have to find somthing else for the res/pump. I dont think that will fit with how I got things set up. I got just under 3" to play with Height wise 6" length and around 7.5" width

Goings to have to find somthing else for the res/pump. I dont think that will fit with how I got things set up. I got just under 3" to play with Height wise 6" length and around 7.5" width

was hoping to have my reservoir be a centerpiece of my case. But its looking like im going to have to hide it on my PSU side.

Back