• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water cooling CPU + 2x 80W TECs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
IMOG said:
Maybe I'm missing something, but isn't it not ideal to pelt your GPU but not pelt your CPU?

The GPU and pelt will be dumping loads of heat into the loop, and your CPU temps will reflect this.

Also, if you haven't already done so, check out our extreme cooling forum, as there is a lot of useful information there, as well as people who are very interested in just what you are trying to do.
I will! I had just over looked it and went straight into the water cooling section. Sorry about that.

Well the reason for this backward sounding "peltiering" is currently I am going to only cooling the GPU. I am waiting for the A64-FX55 to come out and show me what its got before I dump that kind of money on the CPU, untill then my system is a lowely 1.7 Willamette P4 cpu on a 423 socket. I don't care to water cool it. I am close to upgrading it any way, but I am going to get my cooling system up to par before I upgrade the CPU and try to wait out the market a bit more. The pelt is more or less something very interesting to play with and if it it does work well enough I will continue to use and add them when I upgrade. If nothing else I can more or less down grade the GPU block if I feel or find that it will affect my CPU too much. Either way I want water cooling over air :drool:

yeah thats my plan to. i'm gonna cool the gpu only till i can get a a64 in a month or so then i'll probably tec the cpu and the gpu

Sorry if I haven't read the entire thread, but I've seen lots of praise for the Swiftech MCP600 pumps lately, especially for their quietude. I'm pretty sure they get abotu 185gpm, with close to 10ft. of head. You can find the specs, I'm sure.

NicePants42 said:
Sorry if I haven't read the entire thread, but I've seen lots of praise for the Swiftech MCP600 pumps lately, especially for their quietude. I'm pretty sure they get abotu 185gpm, with close to 10ft. of head. You can find the specs, I'm sure.
Hehe well it is a little late but thanks :) I alread ordered the pump.

Well this has been an interesting week....
I ordered my equipment from Danger Den as planned. The sales people over there were great and very easy going... So easy going they forgot to put my Zerex additive in the box, the ceramique tube, 3 unbent fan shrouds and the thick reservoir mounts, and the hose clamps :eek: :confused:
So I called them up and they apologized saying they would have the rest of it shipped out that day. I received the second shipment today... :bang head no ceramique thermal paste in the box. :cry: Again they I got to call them up. I love the look of the products so far but holly crap. I can some what understand missing stuff the first time, ever company makes mistakes. The second time though? Uhhhhh Still they have been very cordial about it all, and even though I am really irked by this, I would still order from them... just not in such a rushed time frame. :-/ *sigh*

Back