• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Cooling Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

proski

I was planning on getting liquid cooling with my new computer, I was thinking about the Corsair H100, but then realized I could build my own, and have helped my friends build their own, but I don't know anything about parts, just what I need, like the pump, waterblock, the tubes, the coolant..etc.
I want to cool my GPU, my CPU, and my RAM.
SPECS:
Case: Xigmatek Elysium Super Tower
CPU: i7 lga2011 3930k
MOBO: Asus Rampage IV Extreme
RAM: 16gb gskillz z series.
GPU: Saphire 7970.
I already picked out some rads (XSPC RX360 Triple 120MM) from ncix. And some coolant, but I need help choosing the other parts. Help?

This is why I came here, so you guys could help me choose out parts, because if I choose the most expensive parts, and they don't work, what the **** am I going to do? Please help, I have an unlimited budget and I want the best liquid cooling parts for my lga2011 build. Please.

Here's the thing.

1) I just helped you choose out parts. All of our recommendations are at the link I posted.
2) If you choose the most expensive parts and they don't work, then you didn't choose from our recommended list. Because those work.
3) You have an unlimited budget? Sweet. So why are you out of luck if you choose the most expensive ones and they don't work? Seems odd. But that's ok! :D

Please read through the information at the link I posted. That will help you come up with a parts list. If you're not sure about something specific, ask and we'll help you out. But we have so many beginners with the same question ("What parts should I get?") that we get tired of posting the same answers over and over. That's why the beginner's guide was created.

Hi Proski,

If you want you can take a look at my post on this same forum. http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=691556. This is an all out current build 8k system.

I have also included a Itemized_list.xls sheet on one of the responses that list all the items I used as well as the vendor I bought the item from with prices ( for last year November/December sale prices).

Feel free to take a look at this link. I hope it helps and It should give you an idea of some commonly used components.

Couple things to think of right off-the-bat...

1) What components you want to cool in your build and how much are you willing to spend. Water cooling can be costly if you want the best.
2) Will your water cooling build be more focused for a silent running build or for the best performance watercooling options ( the latter means higher rpm fans to push through a more densely populated radiator -- meaning more noise). The less fin per inch radiators and lower rpm fans are often used for silent water cooling applications.

There is also a third question to answer. Cool factor/Presentation will also affect your decision. The best performance component may not look great and vice versa.. what looks great may not work or perform well. Also will you be using UV liquid/lighting etc.?

Once you answer the two main questions above and/or the third question. the next thing to do is search through various reviews/sites or ask here about what items you found. You will have to do a some research much like if you wanted to buy a car. What can help you for your immediate attention... is if you do a quick search on youtube for custom water cooling builds. This should give you a quick idea of some of the things that might set you on the right path and you can ask for clarification on these type of forums if needed.

After youtube you can also look here for ideas on really cool similiar custom builds http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?233842-Liquid-Cooling-Case-Gallery.

I would hold off on cooling the RAM for now. The main thing to cool and put more focus on is first the CPU and GPU. Please note that you also want to take into consideration the case you have and the room available/ needed for all of your components with the water cooling setup. Often people buy items only later to find out they have no room for everything.

My personal top choices for water CPU/GPU cooling blocks by brand is EK 1st then a toss-up between swiftech and koolance. It depends on the GPU block performance etc. If you can afford it go with bitspower compression fittings.

I hope I helped in some small fashion.

Much respect...
RogueRage

Last edited:
Back