• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Cooling I7 930 + 2 GTX 480 HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

S1SQ0

hi guys im planning to build my first water cooling setup and i need your help

My Spec

Case: Antec 1200
Power Supply: Antec 1200w
GPU: GTX 480 SLI
CPU: I7 930 OC 3.8 with V8
Memory: Gskills 2000mz running at 1450 cant get it higher
Hard Drives: 3 50gb OCZ Agility 2 in raid 0, 2 Raptors 150 gb in raid 0
Motherboard: Asus p6x58d premium
sound card: Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty

and i want to Water cool my CPU and 2 GPUS in one Loop
here is what i came up to so far:

1) XSPC Rasa High Performance Acetal CPU Liquid Cooling Block (Sockets LGA 775 / 1156 / 1366)
2) XSPC Dual 5.25" Bay Reservoir - Laing D5 / MCP655 w/ Blue LED Light - Clear / Silver / Black
3) XSPC RX360 Triple 120mm Radiator
4)Koolance VID-NX480 (GTX 480)

can it be done to keep evrything cooled or do i need to do 2 loops

1 is for cpu and 2 for 2 Gpus?
what would be the best setup ?

all the fittings and tubing i have at my work so im not going to order them

and also what size tubing should i use?

and if you can please post the links where i can buy all the stuff

Thx alot for your help guys

I would set up 2 loops, one for the GPU's, and one for the CPU. An i7 and those GPU's may be too much for a single loop to handle.

Stick with 1/2inch ID tubing. When shopping for WC parts check out sidewinder computers, Petras tech shop, or jab-tech, those three will have all you need generally speaking.

you needa do some reading. Head to the sticky. The Rasa is an ok block, not great, not terrible, there are better. The 1200 is also not great for watercooling, it's an awesome air case, but unless you're into modding it doesn't easily fit water internally. More importantly, head to the sticky and do some reading, you'll get the idea of how much rad you need...sufficient to say, you don't have enough. For case ideas, search <your potential case> watercooling in google, you'll find a bunch of build logs.

Back