• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Cooling Maintenance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Personally I didn't use the anti-freeze due to the poisonous nature of the stuff.

Just some distilled water with 30 drops of Providone Iodide from publix (its the pre-mixed stuff, it wasn't pure so i used plenty)

also I highly suggest adding the Providone Iodide after you add the water, it makes bleeding the air out of the loop a million times easier and faster (took about 2 hours to bleed out all the air this way). This is because the Iodide will bubble up making a frothy liquid and will basically make all the large bubbles into lighter, smaller bubbles which will bleed out super fast.

Adding the iodine later is a good tip, thanks for that!

I'd also support the build of a custom system, but I do understand that some what the simplicity of a pre-fabricated setup. Swiftech makes some good kits, but assembly is required.

I've been far to lazy on building my first look, mainly because I don't know what bolts to get, how long, and how long of spacers I need. Not a big deal, just lazyness. (and the fact that I'll be offline for at least 24hrs for leak checks and whatnot)

Back