• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Cooling Maintenance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

adil95

Registered
So I've got a water cooling rig set up with a radiator, cpu waterblock, and pump/reservoir. All items have copper plating, I'm not sure about the pipe heads but I believe they are chrome, I am 100% sure they are not aluminum however. I'm running pure distilled water with a UV dye from Feser, with a silver kill coil. The case never receives direct sunlight. Do I need to do any maintenance on the system? My only complaint thus far (systems been up for a two months or so) is that the temps don't drop below 50C on prime 95 even with two powerful fans on my radiator...what gives? Thanks
(I achieved 50C with a Hyper Evo 212+ previously)

So I've got a water cooling rig set up with a radiator, cpu waterblock, and pump/reservoir. All items have copper plating, I'm not sure about the pipe heads but I believe they are chrome, I am 100% sure they are not aluminum however. I'm running pure distilled water with a UV dye from Feser, with a silver kill coil. The case never receives direct sunlight. Do I need to do any maintenance on the system? My only complaint thus far (systems been up for a two months or so) is that the temps don't drop below 50C on prime 95 even with two powerful fans on my radiator...what gives? Thanks
(I achieved 50C with a Hyper Evo 212+ previously)

Temps seem fine for a hot chip. Don't even know but what radiator are you using? Answer all the question in the Watercooling section under a new thread. Thanks

Back