• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

water cooling parts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hollywood96

So im getting ready to start up a water cooling build for my pc in the bio. Whats the best site for ordering these parts in terms of selection, reliability and price.

Edit: i do know everything i need to know about water cooling to do this ive just never ordered anything for it before.

What are you planning on cooling? What is your parts list? Being your first, run it by us!

As far as where, there are a few places... Frozencpu being one of my faves... Performance pc's too.

Lol im pretty sure i got a welcome from you about a year and a half ago when i first logged into the forum for the first time:):):):):):):).

Lol ill be cooling the system in my bio. Both gpu and cpu. I was set on a frozenq helix dual 5.25 res but other than that alot of it is left up to what i feel is best along with your and anybody elses input.

There are more parts than a res needed... :p

Again, what parts have you picked out?
Budget?
Full cover on the gpu? If so, is it reference design gpu?

You know what you knee to know so let's see what ya got and the other experts will tweak as needed.

I feel like im being tested for my own words:p.

Definitely full coverage and backplate. It is reference.
900-1000 at absolute most.
I can give you a detailed cart when i get home because im typing all of this on my smartphone with horrid service.

Basics are an apogee xl block.
the ti block i havent decided on yet.
a 3.120 and a 2.120 rad.
The helix res as i mentioned.
Unless i can be persuaded itll just be distilled water so im thinking clear green tubing.
Compression fittings. 1/2 id.
i was thinking about getting the mcr drive 2.120 model to take care of the pump.
Im not missing anything correct? I think im going to add uv lights in there to.

PrimoChill Advanced LRT tubing is the best out there atm. Color of your choice.

Not a fan of FrozenQ products, even though they can look cool. Not sure how their quality is now but had issues with them on the past. I'd take a look at the Monsoon Series Two Reservoir and a DDC (MCP-35x) or a D5 connected to that reservoir.

As for compression fittings, Bitspower is my favorite best, I am not sure how well those monsoon fittings go.

The radiators choice looks fine but I'd maybe go with thicker @ low FPI depending if the case has the room for it.

CPU is good and what WB manufacturer were you looking at for the GPU blocks? Nonetheless, make sure you get the right block.

Back