• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

water cooling your pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Boogyfudge

hey guys , im thinking of getting my pc for water cooling , and i needed to know the best all in one kit that are not very expensive either ? to start with both for the cpu and gpu cooling , and i needed to know if im gonna go with both cpu and gpu , do i need two rads or can i make it with only one rad ? and if there is any much difference in the looks between the hard and soft tubes , other than the ease of soft tubes to install what r the difference ? , and thank you .

You need to determine what size cooler your case can handle. If you plan on water cooling your GPU also you will need to get a water block specifically for it. Alphacool and EKWB both have semi-custom expandable AIO's that should fit your needs. They are not cheap and sometimes its worth it to just go full custom.

You need to determine what size cooler your case can handle.

^This. Trying to figure out how to stuff enough water to cool a FX 8350 in an NZXT mid tower has been driving me nuts. Well, closer anyway. Definitely lapping the parking lot. A thin radiator is still 30 mm, plus 25 mm for most fans. That's pushing 2 1/4" right there before the fittings, and probably 10" long for a 240 mm rad that's almost 5" wide. Then the reservoir. Bay reservoirs used to be a quick fix but a lot of cases don't have 5 1/4" optical bays anymore. Finally, where to mount the pump and route the tubing. And if it all fits, what is airflow going to be like now that you have 10 lbs. of...stuff...in a 5 lb. case? Will you need fans that scream to keep enough air moving? *sigh*

Sorry for being a downer, but that's the kind of stuff research will do to some projects. LOL

Back