• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

water cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mattisc

hi everybody,

I am kind of a newbie to water cooling but I want to build a custom water cooling loop in my corsair 380t
I think I would be able to do that without help if it weren't for the fact that I want to use the deepcool Captain 240 as one radiator, the pump and the cpu water block (because of the looks and because of my color sceme).
I want a 120mm radiator in the back of my case and I want to cool my Asus STRIX GTX970 could you help me with what I need to clean the prefilled loop, make the custom loop, and fit the prefilled loop components on the custom loop?

thanks alot in advance!!!

Better move this topic to watercooling section! Now to your questions, you'll most probably will need to take the tubing apart, clean it up with soap and water (most common coolants in prefilled loops are glycol-based), same done to the CPU block (that's where it gets tricky).It can be done with extreme care and a lot of testing for leaks(always assuming you don't accidentally ruin the pump).Have u read the watercooling stickies?

Watch this EPIC FAIL as a warning.

Ouch.. Really hurt my soul listening to that pump, literally, screaming to death! Why are these guys making build videos? I mean, he ran the pump dry, didn't remove the air from the system and in the end blew up his pump. I mean, people who might wanna learn something will watch this..

Ouch.. Really hurt my soul listening to that pump, literally, screaming to death! Why are these guys making build videos? I mean, he ran the pump dry, didn't remove the air from the system and in the end blew up his pump. I mean, people who might wanna learn something will watch this..

It's a classic youtube video. I thought I'd share.

Back