• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Loop Order & Rad/Res Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
^ding, ding... pay the man!

The first painted pic I posted had a black line.. probably not the best to date...

It would just look cleaner if you could. I for one like to run short tubing where possible.

I was trying that. But I ran into the problem for fitting the to rads.

Will these parts not help make the run? Looks like you could make it?

Could I use these? Would I do this?

From the rad -->> extender -->> 90 degree fitting -->> compression -->>tubing -->> Compression -->> GPU bridge

Bitspower_Ultimate_G_14_Thread_12_ID_x_34_OD_Compression_Fitting_-_Matte_Black_BP-MBCPF-CC5.jpeg

Bitspower_G14_Matte_Black_Dual_Rotary_90_Adapter_BP-MB90R2.jpeg

Bitspower_G14_Male_to_Female_Extender_-_40mm_-_Matte_Black_BP-MBWP-C64.jpeg

Yes it looks like I could. Im just confused because they also have 90 degree fittings with compression and rotary and without rotary and without compression.

I dont understand why anyone would get a compression and a 90 degree fitting when you can get it all in one piece?

Seems like its just what you want, what you want it to look like.

You could use a 90 degree compression fitting on the back rad as stated before. The one you guys are showing is sticking out to much. Something like this would be ideal. - 90 Degree - Also, not sure what tubing size you're using but mine is just an example of the angle. The top radiator can be used with another compression fitting but its going to be VERY tight and your fingers will hurt. Might have to use a black barb with black metal clamps. Don't worry about that as the fan will be blocking the barb look to it.

So I finally ordered the extra parts and I got them in yesterday. Today I went ahead and made the changes. I happy to say that the fittings are worked out perfect. I now have the loop the way I first planned it out.

So in the following pictures I changed the loop from the back rad to the top rad. Then I made a L turn from back rad to GPU bridge and then I made an L turn from GPU to bottom rad.

Next is to leak test again and hope everything is all good.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Lemme know what you guys think.

IMG_4709.jpg

IMG_4713.jpg

IMG_4718.jpg

IMG_4716.jpg

So after a long and procrastinating few months, I finally got around to finishing up everything. Here are some pics.

Thanks. It was too late to post pics last night. So I did it today.

Only thing is, the sensor that spins. I plugged it into the fan controller but its not giving me a read out of how fast it's spinning so I can see the flow rate. It just says 0.

Wow amazing build and finsh! :clap:You should be proud as this is your first H20 build and we can tell you did your homework. :thup: I can only imagine how much you spent on those compressions and extenders. :eek:

What's Rig's name? "The Red Light Special"? :D

Thanks for the pics and grats again. :salute:

Thank you. I spent my whole tax return on everything. I haven't named it. Wasn't going to. But now that you said it, maybe something like, "Red Light District". Not sure, I'll have to think of something.

Thanks again.

Back