• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling Wishlist - STASIS Thermal is ready for wetwork

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have not been around much for a while so I just saw this-

I have two "back-burner" projects I have been working out in my head that might be worth investigating:

1) Free flowing RAM blocks, at least relatively free flow. The few I have seen are pretty restrictive.
2) Power supplies. Some work has been done in this area on a very small scale or by individuals.

bah... make a jet impengement block that doesn't cover the ram... and possibly one thats not a one-slot solution (i don't like restriction :p)

Think of NV68 minus the suckage...

Yes, it covers the ram on both sides. What's the point of performance cooling without good ram cooling as well?

It would be possible however to make a jet impingement "universal" GPU block, though I am largely opposed to such parts.

standard said:
Like me. I really would love to watercool, but with the prices... I can't.

I'm certainly not going to go out and spend $100 on a no good setup, if I get one, I want it to perform, but they cost ~$300.

There is no such thing as a no good custom built watercooling setup. If you put time into research. A "good" setup will run way under $300. You only get prices like that when you start doing things like the Nv68 and G5's along with a Iwaki pump.

And I am personally thinking of a PSU design. I will never release a pure water PSU, but would be a powerfull hybrid (kinda like Antec's phantom PSUs where the fan is on rarely) with the advantage of being MUCH cheaper. Since its also doubtfully legal and I don't want to deal with too much liability i'd likely sell kits to do the modifications.

Last edited:
consumer9000 said:
-Geforce 6600GT AGP low profile waterblock, milled to accomodate cooling of the GPU, RAM and HSI chip.

That would make a lot of people happy right there. Ide save up to buy one instead of using cut-down ramsinks under a maze4 gpu block. And I wouldnt need to use a panel fan to pass air over the bridge to keep that heatsink cool.

JT

I like ATI just fine. Only problem is the cards I have on hand are R200 and R300's... I haven't gotten around to buying an X850. I'm waiting to see how the R520 pans out. I suspect it'll be one hot little mother so business should be good. :santa:

OK, screw my pride...now I'm gonna beg.

NF4 SLI chipset cooling!

While you discuss entering market segments that already exist, here is an area wide open and unexplored.
My chipset temp is consistently the highest in my case (watercooled), yet there is no off the shelf, performance alternative to the old school, stamped tin, tiny fan unit that comes stock...and that's assuming your board manufacturer went that far- Gigabyte goes passive with a weeny little aluminum heatsink only.

I've been looking at laptop cooling solutions...they routinely utilize heatpiped setups to move/remove the heat to a location where it can dispersed.
Admittedly, most of them look cheesy as hell, but the concept looks good.

You have the technology to explore/solve this dilemma.
Please.

consumer9000 said:
I like ATI just fine. Only problem is the cards I have on hand are R200 and R300's... I haven't gotten around to buying an X850. I'm waiting to see how the R520 pans out. I suspect it'll be one hot little mother so business should be good. :santa:

*chant* ati blocks... ati blocks... ati blocks...

lol I would really like to see a waterblock that would cover the gpu and both the top and bottom ram for the r520, you can count me in on one of those

I need the modified DDC lid, a RAM-inclusive block for my X850XT, and a chipset solution for a DFI SLI board. That could make a millionaire out of someone- come up with a block that will work on the DFI-SLI boards. I mean, DFI has sold at least 3 or 4 of them by now :D

Though not a part of the water cooling lineup, how's this look for a chipset cooling option? ;)

Attachments

• NV6800 Pictures 021.1.jpg
    NV6800 Pictures 021.1.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 424
It looks brilliant.
Too bad it won't work on nf4 SLI.
LP-nF4-SLI-DR_b.jpg

Note how the PCIe card(s) will overlap the chipset, leaving approximately 1/2" of height to work with.

Works fine here (picture).

Is that screwed in posts, or milled from one block? Or soldered? Milling that looks almost impossible :)

But the shine... the shine.... oh the shine.... it shines..... my precious.

consumer9000 said:
It's better yet - a one piece forging! :)

I'll help with the hijacking... DETAILS? Chipset is the only thing I haven't found a product I want to buy for.... until now. At least post some info in air cooling.

Will do once I get everything sorted out with the waterblock prototyping. I only have so much time in the coming weeks.
However I will definitely consider offering an aircooled chipset option, and a watercooled chipset option. If low profile is in demand, that's what I'll work on developing for you poor NF4 owners. ;)

chipset cooler for a nf4 that isint as restrictive as the two european models would be great.

Back