• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ways To Keep Your Computer Cool !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yay, I want a moving computer, propelled by a SINGLE case fan as he suggests.
Maybe a hovercraft case mod thing...cool, and stock clocked for uber coolness, and a wireless psu superglued to my desk.

Yay, I want a moving computer, propelled by a SINGLE case fan as he suggests.
Maybe a hovercraft case mod thing...cool, and stock clocked for uber coolness, and a wireless psu superglued to my desk.

Wow your comp would be full of coolness. Would never worry about heat again.

So who's Italian then? If OP isn't and the clown isn't.

I seen AJ with his Italian build log tho, so his comp is IT?

Add more fan they say ?

fan_casemod.jpg

Computer cooling is necessary to eliminate the waste heat shaped by computer components, to keep gears within permissible operating temperature limits.
Here are some ways to keep your computer Cool.
Run Your PC With the Case Closed.
Clean Your Computer.
Move Your Computer
Upgrade the CPU Fan.
Install a Case Fan.
Stop Overclocking.
Replace the Power Supply.

I did that when I was 22 years old back in 1980. Thanks for the important update.:thup:

Funny thread hu? I guess a new PC person had a 'light bulb' moment and thought he was changing the world. Awaiting more funny replies to this. Bring it on........ :rofl:

An easy trick that is often overlooked is to turn off the "smart fan" settings or at least change them to more sane values.

ROFL :D

Never heard of a CPU being too cool.
Sure you have! Just not in reference to an air cooler perhaps :p

Up until recently most Intel CPUs could be too cool and stop working even!
Admittedly that was at around -110°C....
Pre-Phenom II AMD stuff tended to get "too cool" at a much more reachable -20 to -50.... You could hit that benching outside with a solid copper (no heatpipes, they strongly dislike <0°C) heatsink and a Fan.

I don't actually have any idea what kind of CPU temps I'm running right now, should I check?
I cleaned the CPU heatsink with my vacuum cleaner a couple days ago, should be OK.

Update: I checked, at full load I'm running 39-48°c core temps on my 2600k. I don't think I've OC'd enough. That's with 1.284 CPUz vcore too. Low leakage chip is low leakage I guess.

Hey should I be concerned that my 12V in HWMonitor is 11.760? That doesn't sound like 12V to me.

Back