• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wc finished (pics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think you'd be OK adding a GPU block to the system. It might raise your CPU temps by a degree or 2 but nothing serious.
If you want to watch for slow leaks over time, put a white paper towel under the pump/res. Even if the coolant evaporates (common with a slow leak), the dye/anti-freeze/etc. leave a stain on the paper towel.

Last edited:
yeah, you shold definatly go for it, see what happens, if the cpu temps raise above what you are willing to take, then put it back, its not a perminant thing, sure maybe an hour of your time, but its not too bad...

thx for the responses fells

the images will come and go, imageshack...

my coolant is actually 100% distilled, with a couple capfuls of watter wetter. i was running 90/10, but this saved me a few degrees.

Its a powerhead 802 pump, Maze3 cpu, blackice extreme 1 and home depot tubing.

The temps im getting range from 39-42 idle, and 41-44 loaded, down 5 since i first installed the rig (tweaking is fun) and almost 10 from my air cooling previous to this.

XP2400+ 163*14>2282 1.8v

im gonna upgrade to a mobile athlon, that outta save me a couple degrees.

thanks for all the support and recognition

Very well done. Motivates me more to get mine complete after the scary leak I had. =\ Are you able to put the side panel on the case with the res there?

That's very nice and creative as hell. I just got my new case and installed my watercooling setup but I'm still tweaking the design so there won't be any pics for a bit. I like that res, I had a lamp oil bottle as my first res. I couldn't figure out a way to fit it into my old case so I eventually so I took the easy way out and just bought a bay res.

sweat setup man... it looks beast in the dark and that res is creative.

This case better have a window

well i forgot to mention the dye, its just hi-liter ink.

yes i can fit the side panel on with the res, it takes a couple min, but it goes on. and yes it does have a window.

Polonator said:
Looks like you have a massive full tower behind the w/c-ed rig. Any reason why you didn't use that instead?
i HATE that case. its cheap and ugly. i like my black case, all aluminum. I really wanted to go for compactness, fitting this hardware into a full tower just wouldnt have been as much fun. Now i have a system small enough to take to a party w/o too much hassle.

As far as the Hi-Liter ink, i got it at the supermarket. Just get a hi-liter or equivalent and pull the felt ink unit out, and squeeze some ink into your coolant. I cant imagine you've never heard of this xCRF450, i thought everyone tried it.

gonna be upgrading some hardware next week and maybe tweaking the wc some more, so i'll def keep you guys posted now that i see theres some interest.

xCRF450 said:
highlighter ink huh, where can you buy that?

Im preety sure he means that he took the ink from a highlighter... ive never seen highlighter ink for sale at least :shrug:

*edit* nevermind.. looks like he answered that one :)

honhon said:
those are kinda high temps, to me, for water cooling. what were the temps before on air?

but it looks good. i like the strangly shaped resivoir.

I think his temps are fine considering he is using a maze 3 waterblock, has Vcore up at 1.83V, and mainly is using air that has been warmed by passing through the case before cooling the rad. The 4C delta between idle and load indicate the block is making good thermal contact with the cpu core. Feeding the rad cool, ambient air and/or using a better block would probably drop temps by several degrees easily.

Using 3 different motherboards and different pumps, the loaded (folding) temps on the various configurations of rig#1 have never been below 44-45C with normal room temps. For non-extreme cooling gear, I believe this to be typical results.

Pretty nice work :thup:. How did you seal the tums container? I learned silicon by itself will not hold reliably for me, I have to top off my system every week still. Water wetter has a good habit of filling in slow leaks with residue though.

You gave me a few ideas, I need a new res, I'm cheap, and I'd like to copy your idea. My pump is a cheap via aqua 1300, and I would like to build the res onto it as its the only part that leaks now.

It looks good, at least compared to my homemade res made with a pork sung bottle and electrical tape. Long story, but i was snowed in at my apt when my pump started to leak badly and I had no backup cooling.
computer.jpg

And my temps are around yours too, I get about 34-50 degrees depends on room temp. Right now It's about 40 idle 53 load, but theres something wrong with my system, thats why the jump.

Again, nice work.

Back