• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wc pricing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SF101

The Printer Guru
Hows the water cooling market pricing wise? more to the point has the pricing been lowering or pretty much stable for long term?

Reason i'm asking is i expect my next gpu I buy will be a water block mounted gpu and I'm debating adding a 3rd rad now to compensate for it later if the market is rather stable.

This will do two things.

It will let me know if my current 2 rads "1x120mm RX XSPC and 2x120mm RX XSPC rads" are holding strong with my cpu/board heatsink's and the overclocks I have currently.

And also allow me to upgrade later to a gpu block with only having to buy the block.

I'm thinking I will go external with a rad and stand and just run modded fan wires out the back of case.

probably use this.

along with this

Also wondering if you think a single pump is still acceptable for these 3 rads in a semi long loop.

d5 pump.

Thoughts ?

I've also debated doing a entirely external rad solution with quick disconnects but its hard to find suitable external chassis for this now there used to be a nice one from i think mountain mods? but no longer available.

i expect if i wanted to do that id have to build one from wood.

Single D5 should be plenty for the CPU, GPU, and 2 or 3 rads. Tubing adds little resistance, especially 3/8" ID to 1/2" ID. Get a variable speed D5 if you can so you can change rpm in case you find it noisy.

You mention "suitable external chassis" so perhaps you may want to explore something like this Phobya Stand: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1..._x_180mm_Bench_Edition_38191.html?tl=g1c7s532

It's never been better to water-cool, IMO. The All-in-Ones influenced custom to create hybrid solutions like the H220, which offers value and simplicity we never had before. You can spend as much as you want for the epic build or go budget and still get good performance...at least in the US. Good luck. :)

SF 101:

Pricing is kinda the same. No real diff in blocks or rads etc. Pumps have changed. The 35x is the king of the hill for good reason. Read up on it.

You can do the external thing or whatever, that's up to you. They make some nice external rad anodized aluminum stuff or seen a few good mods of a case cut up to hold 120x6 easy with Koolance QD's. That's ALLlllll up to you.

Back