• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Weird email most likely phishing but....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

S_I_N

Thought I’d ask here. Received an email earlier today titled MyEtherWallet and the body said
4.778474982 Ether credited from Bittrex_wallet1

MyEtherWallet (Email addy removed by me but was proper),

This is an automated notice that your wallet account has been credited from Bittrex account with funds in the amount of 4.778474982 Ether.

Transaction details deleted by me for security Incase this is real lol. It amounts out to about 2k$+

Details of the transaction you can see here on your MyEtherWallet account.
"https://www.myetherwallet.com/#transactions"

Do not reply to this email. If you have a question, use the help section

© 2018 MyEtherWallet, Inc

I dabbled in mining back during the boom 4-6 years ago. Don’t recall ever having an etherwallet account. What’s y’all take on this. Pretty sure it’s a scam but one never knows.

Last edited:
I registered to this forum specially to respond to this post and you maybe wondering how I found this post...I received the exact same email and I googled the amount of ether (4.778474982 Ether) and the only result I received was this forum post...so I guess we can confirm that this is a scam. I received the email about 30 min from when I posted this.

I got the same exact email. It’s obvious scam. Don’t click the link it redirects elsewhere.

This is an automated notice that your wallet account has been credited from Bittrex account with funds in the amount of 4.778474982 Ether.

0x546e3c54e2 : 5416990 : 6/23/2018:13:48 : 0xd31a169a6c911 : IN : 0xe8395605f832f8fe : 4.778474982 Ether : 0.000084

Details of the transaction you can see here on your MyEtherWallet account.
"https://www.myetherwallet.com/#transactions"

Do not reply to this email. If you have a question, use the help section

© 2018 MyEtherWallet, Inc

cool I'll closed thread was pretty sure it was a scam but wanted to verify I dont click links in emails or on forum posts times as a matter of habit.

welp doesnt look like I can close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back