• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Weird PC (iGPU, External Graphics Card) and LG 43UK6300 Symptom?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ajy0903

I have this another PC that has Gigabyte GA-270N and MSI GeForce GTX 1060 AERO ITX 6G OC Graphics Card, and Intel Core i3 7100 connected to LG 43UJ6300.

1. I first connected the LG 43UK6300 to integrated HDMI Port of Gigabyte GA-270N. And when I ran Cyberlink's UHD Advisor, it showed me like what the attachment shows.

2. This time, I connected LG 43UJ6300 to MSI GeForce GTX 1060 AERO ITX 6G OC Graphics Card. And And when I ran Cyberlink's UHD Advisor, it showed me like what the attachment shows.

These are what I see in both cases:

PC Connected through Gigabyte GA-270N and LG 43UJ6300.jpg
^ PC I connected through Gigabyte GA-270N and LG 43UJ6300.

PC Connected through GTX 1060 ITX and LG 43UJ6300.jpg
^ PC I connected through GTX 1060 ITX and LG 43UJ6300

I should say for PowerDVD and Optical Drive part, I didn't install it yet, so I guess I only need help with other parts.

Can anyone help me with this?

Last edited:
What is the issue? Is it not working properly or......?

What is this checker program you are running??

8 bit or 10 bit... both play uhd afaik.

It says you dont have a BR drive...

Not sure what advanced protected video path is

Did you try playing something to see if it works before posting? Do you have an issue outsode of seemingly not having a BR drive? That spftware is just as much a marketing tool as it is for seeing if things work. ;)

My optical drive is regular Blu-ray, not UHD BLu-ray, so I can't test UHD Movie Discs.

I'm just checking this program so to tell if my PC is capable of play UHD Movie Discs or not.

If I can, then I'm going to buy PC UHD Player.

And if this not going to work, I will just give up watching UHD Movies using pc and just watch from Standard Alone UHD Player that I have.

*Add-on 1:
- Crap, I just saw spec of this motherboard, for integrated graphics, it only has HDMI 1.4

*Add-on 2:
- I'm still searching around the Google and seen I'm the only one who shows, "Advanced Protected Audio/VIdeo Path (GPU)" as "NO" or :Not Available", even in GTX1080 TI. Seems there is no current driver from NVIDIA.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly power DVD was a PITA. What they're telling you is you need to upgrade their software and it looks like the iGPU and your card aren't HDCP 2.2 compliant so it's likely not going to work. This is the new new copy protection so you can't make copies of UHD content
I ran into something similar when I first tried blurays

If I remember correctly power DVD was a PITA. What they're telling you is you need to upgrade their software and it looks like the iGPU and your card aren't HDCP 2.2 compliant so it's likely not going to work. This is the new new copy protection so you can't make copies of UHD content
I ran into something similar when I first tried blurays

Oh, ok.

For iGPU, it has my motherboard has HDMI Port 1.4x version.

For my video card, which is GTX 1060 ITX, has support of HDCP 2.2 compatible, I think you could see that in the 2nd screenshot.

Cause first screenshot is when I connect to tv to iGPU and 2nd screenshot is when I connected tv to GTX 1060 ITX

PAVP is a an Intel protected format. You will never get a PAVP compliant video card.
Your GPU is HDCP 2.2 (High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection) so you should be fine.
Both of these format are essentially DRM variants.

I do believe you need HDMI 2.0a ports for HDR content though. The ports on the 1060 are 2.0 AFAIK.

PAVP is a an Intel protected format. You will never get a PAVP compliant video card.
Your GPU is HDCP 2.2 (High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection) so you should be fine.
Both of these format are essentially DRM variants.

I do believe you need HDMI 2.0a ports for HDR content though. The ports on the 1060 are 2.0 AFAIK.
Oh, ok, cool.
Then it says 8 bit for screenshot that shows MSI GeForce GTX 1060 AERO ITX 6G OC.
How can I fix it to be 10 bit?

Last edited:
Hmmm.... strange. I thought that the 1060 had 10 bit support but that seems hard to verify. The 1070 and 1080 do.

Nvidia is weird with that.

Hmmm.... strange. I thought that the 1060 had 10 bit support but that seems hard to verify. The 1070 and 1080 do.

Nvidia is weird with that.

It is certainly very strange.

For PAVP, I now understand that it is Intel stuffs, so it won't be in non Intel Graphics, but only 8 bit for GTX1060..

The reason I bought my graphics card is cause this PC isn't my main PC. And I bought it like recently, course the return date of the card for the retail store I bought it from is already passed.

I use it my LG 43UJ6300 4K UHD TV and was thinking of installing PC UHD Drive and watch 4K UHD movie Discs on it.

Last edited:
Ok.
I decided to give up on this idea of using PC to play 4K UHD-Bluray Movies.
So, staffs/mods can lock this thread.

Back