• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird system hang ups

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bob4933

Not sure what's going on; its happen on stock bios (stock clocks and base ram frequency, so not an overclocking issue).

In chrome especially I'm getting really gnarly system stalls for 15-20 seconds. I ctrl alt del and then everything works fine after task manager loads up. Nothing appears to be iffy, and its a fresh windows 10 install.

Any ideas?

All drivers in stalled ?
Did you run memtest ?
or any stress test ?
what are your idle/load temps

All drivers in stalled ?
Did you run memtest ?
or any stress test ?
what are your idle/load temps

All drivers installed
Yup; memtest86
Many stress tests, no errors in anything
idle temp 24c, load temp 47c-50c @ stock, 57c-60c when overclocked running stress tests (varies, IBT gets it hot as it will go at 60c).

Reinstall chrome?
Set a vcore vs auto ?
Win profomance mode high?

Ram on xmp? If yea try off .

I'm a tab ***** with 2-3 Chrome's open with 5-20 each

Try setting a static soc voltage of 1-1.1V
What SW if any do you have installed?
What power plan setting?

Try setting a static soc voltage of 1-1.1V
What SW if any do you have installed?
What power plan setting?

Ill give that a go; running custom power plan. What is "SW"?

edit: just realized, its only happening on two programs; chrome and hwmonitor... never have any issues during stress tests, gaming, CAD or DAW stuff... odd.

SW = software
I have heard a few and only a few say they have had issues with HWMonitor on this platform
I use HWinfo64

ignore my signature, ill update later. Ryzen 1600x and Trident 2600mhz memory

This is REALLY driving me bonkers omg!

edit: set voc to 1.1; rechecked power settings, and it reset back to "balanced" instead of performance. disabled gear down mode on the ram and bumped up some timings a couple points on the memory.

LETS TEST IT OUT.

edit 2 : Not sure if working, but I loaded up 30 tabs with youtube and it didn't freeze, so maybe something fixed it.

Last edited:
Well, one or some combination of those changes has "fixed" my issues completely. No freezes in 2 days.

It was probably something to do with the Hynix RAM. Ryzen really doesn't like it much

Back