• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Well im back...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ayoung

So yeah im back... I took a little break.

Yep... I had to come back and read some... and of course I get into a thread based on... " Ohh man were almost there.... I wish everyone from the S@H Classic would come over... then we would rock!!"

My old name on Classic was ayoung. As it will be on BOINC...

Only bad thing is that I sold all of my computers. All im running on now is my main rig.

Im currently looking on newegg refurbs and have another IE open with Dell on it looking for any good speicals. :rolleyes:

Ive read rumores of P4 w/ HT is faster with Boinc?? Is this true? Im a hardcore AMD guy.... how are the 64's? Also Im looking to make a server... how are the Op's doing?

Thanks!

Ops are doing well as far as I can tell. Overall though, the prescott is the best for boinc and classic seti for the amount of wu's done. Overall fasted time though would probably go to AMD's.

BTW, welcome back! :D

Welcome back! The fastest completion times in boinc will go to a top of the line Pentium M, followed by a highly overclocked Athlon 64. If you want maximum production go with a P4 preshott core.

welcome back :beer:

if all your going to be doing on afew comps is running boinc i would get a P4 Preshott because of HyperThreading and the 1Meg L2 Cache

Back