• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Western Digital (Bad experience)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thread split. TLER discussion going on here: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=652911 Thiddy, if you want a different topic title, let me know.

FWIW, I had an excellent experience with a W/D RMA of a one-week-from-warranty-expiration 80G drive. Replaced with a recertified 160G model. Couldn't be happier actually. Sorry you had such trouble with this one

yes sorry u had so much in the way of problems. they have always treated me like gold. I had one drive they said out out of warranty but the sticker said it was still good. Just sent them a pic and problem was taken care of.

Drive just arrived. It is sealed from the factory. At least they sent me a different drive.

I'm still not keeping it either way. I should have known better than to use pre-built enclosures. I'm going to sell it and purchase a unit where I can put my own drives in it.

Regarding my other WD drives, I'm going to keep them. Since they gave me a call back and an honest attempt at resolving the issue, I'm not going to slam them for it.

Back