• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Western Digital Red Nas 3tb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nebulous

Dreadnought Class Senior
Just snagged 2 of these for my games super cheap. Set them both up in raid-0 and copied my entire Toshiba Red 2tb games drive over. I was running out of room on my Toshiba red with all my games (Steam, Origin, Uplay) and of 2tb I only had 4gb left and filling fast.

Tho the WD Red Nas are only 54's and not 72's, in raid-0 they're plenty fast and fell like 72's. Got all my games with room to spare! Bring on the new games!!:clap:

I have 12 of the Red 3Tb in my file server. Great drives super reliable.

Not too shabby I 'spose. Maybe these scores are low because of the ASMedia controller the drives are hooked up to.

Attachments

• 2017-06-26.png
    2017-06-26.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 40
Decent. I get close to 600Mb/sec on my array, but it is after all 12 drives. Cant use it all anyways since my network is gigabit.

Ahh otay. I might invest in a raid card to get the drives off the ASMedia. Last raid card I had was the RocketRaid, lol.

Back