• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Western Digital RMA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Has anyone ever sent more than 1 drive at a time for RMA? I have 3 I need to send in, but not keen on paying shipping 3x, when I could probably just ship them all in the same box.

the only thing i didnt like about RMA is that they made me pay to ship it to them even though the reason for the rma was that the drive died early on due to their own fault with manufacturing... other than that they are awesome. i sent in a 320gb external hdd and they gave me a 500gb external drive because they no longer made the 320 model.

Well normally you the user has to pay shipping to them. Unless the item you receive is defective then they will pay shipping to return the defective item back to them, and then they will pay shipping back to you.

As long as I've been RMAing pc parts that's how it's been done. Not sure if it has changed.

Has anyone ever sent more than 1 drive at a time for RMA? I have 3 I need to send in, but not keen on paying shipping 3x, when I could probably just ship them all in the same box.

As long as the ship to address is the same, label all 3 RMA numbers on the outside and label each drive inside with its rma number.

When creating the shipping label, make sure to have all 3 rma numbers printed on the actual shipping label so they can't say it wasn't marked anywhere, or that they only received/expect 1 drive in the box. The RMA process is generally smooth 99% of the time, but sending multiple RMAs in the same shipment is inviting potential issues IMO.

As long as the ship to address is the same, label all 3 RMA numbers on the outside and label each drive inside with its rma number.

When creating the shipping label, make sure to have all 3 rma numbers printed on the actual shipping label so they can't say it wasn't marked anywhere, or that they only received/expect 1 drive in the box. The RMA process is generally smooth 99% of the time, but sending multiple RMAs in the same shipment is inviting potential issues IMO.

+1 :thup:

why do you have to pay for shipping? See my post earlier, of course they will tell you, you have to pay for shipping but just give them a piece of your mind that its not your fault that you have to go through rma. They will send you ups shipping label through e-mail.

That was the case for me, Once i reminded the guy it was not my fault, he tried to insist and i told him thats ridiculous he agreed to send me shipping label. and send it in about 2 minutes.
if you want something your way, you have to ask thats the only way it works in America.

You got lucky. 9 out of 10 times the user pays for shipping. Keep your fingers crossed for the next time. Lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place.

I have not had to pay for shipping on any of my RMA they have given me a total of 5 shipping labels for my rma

You got lucky. 9 out of 10 times the user pays for shipping. Keep your fingers crossed for the next time. Lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place.

Nebulous,

Just here to say, Yes, it did strike twice in the same place.

The replacement drive "500 GB blue" i received about 6-7 months ago failed to pass WD Diagnostic test today.
I called right up, explained the issue. Guy on the otherside took 2 minute to talk with his supervisor. Came back and gave me the option to upgrade to "Black Drive instead of Blue" and how about "1 TB instead of 500GB". Advanced RMA means Replacement Drive ships today and i will have 30 days to return failing drive.
I asked him about Creditcard no, To surprise me......He replied, "we will bypass that for now, we trust you to return failing drive" So we don't need your credit card info.

Oh Great, then came shipping..... I just had ask him once to email me shipping label, he was glad to provide me pre-paid shipping label through e-mail.

So, Great on WD Customer service.
and yes Again If you want something that you believe you should, then ask for it. Don't expect them to offer you. Its Corporate America.

Back