• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What 32GB of RAM should I get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ram is ram is ram friend. Grab 4x8GB DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 1.5v and call it a day. :)

Make sure it looks good and is inexpensive.

So you don't think there's really any difference between say, the Crucial and the Kingston RAM?

When I did a little searching on Google, threads that came up on various forums seemed to indicate some people have fierce opinions on brands and even specific models.

N8t3... while there are some differences for benchmarking enthusiasts, for the average user and most enthusiasts it really doesn't matter. Im guessing you fall into the last two groups. You will find impassioned discussions about brands everywhere, but in the end, for the average user and enthusiast, ram is ram is ram friend. DDR3 1866 CL9 1.5v is a sweet spot for price and performance. Much above that it yields little to no returns and costs more. Less than that, you lose a tiny bit of performance, and the cost does not drop dramatically.

So you don't think there's really any difference between say, the Crucial and the Kingston RAM?

When I did a little searching on Google, threads that came up on various forums seemed to indicate some people have fierce opinions on brands and even specific models.

A suprising amount of them are made in the same place anyway :shrug:

G.SKILL Ares Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 is what I chose, good quality control.

Last edited:
Back