• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What about the new Durons!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
eobard said:

1) Yes I moved it. Usually when a mod moves a thread they claim credit for the moveage but this time I felt is was obvious enough so I didn't bother.

2) Speaking of me, I wish I had a smiliey that looked like it was following someone. Just for comedic effect mind you. Yes, comedic effect, that should stick....

What about this one?

stalking.gif

Hehehe.

I found a bunch of good smilies at this site ... http://forum.amerieonline.net/misc.php?do=showsmilies

Including this one:
offtopic.gif

And my new favorite tech support one as well:
google.gif

And I would like more information on the new Durons, as well. This thread is the first I've heard of them.

autoMATTic said:
greenman100- you can't be serious are you? You act like I posted a question about a harddrive or something. Loosen your panties. Your first post was way more useless and out of order than this whole post if it is posted in the wrong forum.

Anyway back to the Duron. I'm not talking about the old durons but the new ones that are to be coming out with the Hypertransport bus that gautam was talking about. http://www.c627627.com/AMD/AthlonXP/

The CPU you're talking about has not come out yet, and it will probably be released sometime late this year or early next, so these chips are pretty irrelevant right now, also they will be really crappy performers by the time they get released. No Dual channel memory, no X86-64 and only 256KB of cache compared to 512KB and 1MB, X86-64 support and dual channel memory of the S939 platform.

nefariouslogic said:
In any case, you may want to check this out...
jfettig.wc101.com
Some pretty impressive results for a sub $50 CPU.

Yes that chip is pretty awesome. The only thing is current durons ARE ALL LOCKED, so you can't unlock the extra cache, and you can't change the multiplier. All these things might be good for is to put a cheapo rig together. People who have Fry's close by can get a CPU + Mobo for as cheap as $40, pretty impressive.

Back