• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What are your temps w/ SP-97?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yay-ness. mine should be here monday. my processor probly wont be here till friday, but thats besides the point.

Just a little update. I overclocked it a tad(see sig), and now have even better temps (as5). With my TT-SM2 on high(4500rpms, not THAT loud), my load is now 40C, while idle is 37C (disabled cpu disconnect).

With the fan turn down to 2200 rpm's, 45C load.

So I'm happy :) I just wish my ram could handle 200mhz :(

Looking good iLLestOne,Did you have any problems installing the SP-97 ? Yea the AS 5 calls for 200 hrs for particle restructuring.Or cure time,with off and on cycles.Keep your flow up & temps down.
THE FANMAN:cool:

tom10167 said:
You would be forever kicking yourself if you bought a 947 knowing that we now have excellent heatpipe technology out.

LOL i got a 947u for my barton 2800 and i get 31°C idle 34°C load. Do u really think this SP 97 is getting your temps 10 degress lower than with a 947u? LOL I gues even not 3 degrees.

Nothing like buying furniture for a house you haven't!
i know, right? i wont have a motherboard or dvd drive untill moday/tuesday, my SP-97 will get here monday or tuesday, my pyramid fan controller got here about 15 minuits before it dissapointed me, my BH-5 mushkin (purple) 512M 3500 got here 4 days ago, and i've had my antec case for months. is there no end to this madness?!

True, but what's 20 bucks when it comes to performance? :p I REALLY wish I would have spent an extra 20-50 on a PS. Then I wouldn't have to go buy a new one now :( (not the best anology, since the 947u is also very good, but still)

Just my 2¢ :)

Yea. In my head I'm trying to justify spending 20 extra dollars for only a 2-3 degrees drop in temperature. I wonder why it's taking so long for the rest of these stores to start supplying em.

yeah, i got the SP-97 and 22 grams of AS creme stuff, ended up paying $75 for both w/ shipping...hopefully it will keep the DLT3C thats on the way (hopefully) nice and comfy!

Back