• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What did you play today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Niku-Sama

along the lines of what did you get today and in lieu of what did you beat x month i figured i'd start this.
its a copy of what some ones started on another message board i go to but i thought it'd be fitting here.

I'd like to start off with something epic but with the recent birthdays in my life i haven't played much lately, and right after i got my new tv too.

i am about to start up Homeworld remastered and see if i can finally beat the thing, and 2, before 3 comes out...
deserts of kahrak...eh... maybe not so interested

Rise of the Tomb Raider, I beat shadow of the tomb raider last weekend and realized I never did finish the previous game and it's been so long since I played it I figured I would start a new game.

My daily game list hasn't changed in a while:
Genshin Impact
Honkai Star Rail
Azur Lane
Kemono Friends Kingdom

Baldurs Gate III

A seemingly polished AAA game. Happy I bought it. Fun to play even for someone grumpy like me.
It is a little flawed though, but because the game world and the basic lighting looks so nice and the game plays so well on my Nvidia GTX 1660 Super I can overlook it for now.
The campfire graphics is imo a weak point (overly simplistic). One might argue the campfire itself is magical, but I suspect the devs never started a campfire in their life. :)
Also, the entire game is probably Larian studios taking great liberties with the game mechanics re. AD&D, making it, easy, or perhaps, offering more options than usual I think. Probably a corporate decision for making a populistic game I suspect, and kid friendly. Battles are difficult though at lvl 2, so that is nice.

I am sure I've seen scale armor with a gold tint to it, for some other people's builds. Why though? I know there is an arcady 'tint' feature (dyes) for coloring clothing and equipment, but I am wondering, what metal, in such a fantay game, is golden in color? Surely not gold, nor brass.

Sadly(?), I can copy paste my reply from the what did you beat thread and out it here since I don't tend to play games with a story line.

So....

PUBG
BF 2042
AOE V
PGA 2K23.

I guess something new is Battle Bit. Think BF 2042 Roblox-like with tremendous hjt reg and 256 person BR. :)

Baldur's Gate III; I was waiting for it for 20 years, but I won't hide I was expecting something a bit different. There are things which are weird and I caught myself in situations when I had to go back to a save 1-2h earlier, as something happened that I couldn't continue ... like a character which was carrying a lantern left me and I couldn't pass deep shadows (no way to find it again). I always liked these games as you don't have to be always good and help everyone. There are always options to pick your path and pass it in the evil way too.
Since beta they changed a lot like I feel that the engine is different too.

One weird thing. When I started, I was playing with my brother for one day (LAN). Then we decided it's a bit annoying and makes everything much longer than it supposed to. He couldn't continue as he joined "my server", so he started from the beginning (wasn't long). However, his character was still in my team and I'm playing 2 characters since then. The funny thing is that during some cutscenes, I can pick different answers on both characters and cutscenes in the camp are always twice.

I'm playing zelda tears of the kingdom when I have time to sit down at the switch.

Hoping to get some PC time with Flight Simulator & check out some of the eastern europe updates.

Oh........ that's still loaded (and taking up an arseload of space, lol)... I'll need to look at that too. Not sure I've played this year, even.
It'll be taking even more space once you download all the updates for half a year! Have you already downloaded the Top Gun update? It wasn't a small addition IIRC. I moved my epic & steam libraries (not that either is huge) and Live for Speed from C: to D: to free up space for MSFS on the C: drive. lol

I did get the Top Gun DL... that's about the last thing... so whenever that was. It sits on it's own 500GB M.2 with 176GB free ATM, lol.

I just picked up flight simulator on steam.
A lot of buttons
Shedloads. So much stuff... so much.

It's a blast if you're into that sort of thing. I've got a MEH flight stick (Thrustmaster Hotas 4) and a buddy who plays (and has his pilot's license) so we jet around to random places together or try to beat the times in the Top Gun runs. :rock::rock:

I just picked up flight simulator on steam.
A lot of buttons
If you want to try something with very few buttons, give the Icon A5 a try. Super simple to fly & it can do runway and water takeoff/landings. It's also fun for sightseeing at a low altitude & the landscape views are pretty great when you have a system where you can turn up the detail.

Fired up Besiege for a few hours yesterday, always a good time. I was just thinking about homeworld too.

Edit: I may get Mass Effect: Legendary Edition. I played the first three so many times but didn't enjoy Andromeda that much.

Not "today", but I started another Half Life 1 run. Also just recently took another try at Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice since I haven't played it after they pushed the gfx update.

I bought the ME Legendary for $15, on sale until 8/10. No way I would pay $60 for an old game remastered. I just wish listed homeworld remastered, again it's a 20 year old game, not sure updated graphics is worth $35, but for $15 or less I'd bite.

Bouncing around between:

BF2042

-- I need to get back to trying Battlebit some more (like ED mentioned)

Clonehero (guitar hero/rock band for PC with my edrum kit)

Just started Cyberpunk 2077 for the first time, I'm a handful of hours in. Still very buggy (enemies disappear, pedestrian stuck walking into a wall then disappearing into the ground and repeating over and over).

Almost done with TOTK (all sages complete, just need to get the gumption to finish it)

Need to get back to Hogwarts as well, there was a gameplay breaking bug that was there for a couple months, screwing up my flow of the game then other things have come out since.

Back