• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What did you play today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i've been playing Metro Last Light the last few days. its interesting.
i want to try the new(er) one so i figured i should finish this one

i beat 2033 a while ago

I tried playing the Hyenas closed beta today but i couldnt because some of the keybinds i want cant be done.

who keeps something from being bound to r.ctrl?

who keeps something from being bound to r.ctrl?
Who uses R CTL? :p

Seriously though, typically one games with WASD and the left/middle of they keyboard, so how do you play with R CTL? Are you like (former) me and use the arrows instead?

I don't use the WASD keys when I game. My sausage fingers also hit the keys next to them :ROFLMAO: Yes, I use the R.CTRL key along with the arrows/shift and space bar. I've adjusted the way I use the keyboard to be able to game. Keyboards I use do not have the numbers pad. I slide the keyboard alittle to the left and my left mitt rests above the arrow keys, my pinky can hit the space bar and my ring and middle fingers on the arrows and yes, the R.CRTL key! :p

Yes, I'm unorthodox, but my system works :)

Yeah, that was difficult to do with all of the functionality in some of these FPS games. Found myself crawling up the backspace, back slash, enter, r shift and del/end/pg dn keys and it wasn't enough and a hellacious phalange exercise. Luckily I have long thinner fingers too.

Last edited:
Who uses R CTL? :p

Seriously though, typically one games with WASD and the left/middle of they keyboard, so how do you play with R CTL? Are you like (former) me and use the arrows instead?

I don't use the WASD keys when I game. My sausage fingers also hit the keys next to them :ROFLMAO: Yes, I use the R.CTRL key along with the arrows/shift and space bar. I've adjusted the way I use the keyboard to be able to game. Keyboards I use do not have the numbers pad. I slide the keyboard alittle to the left and my left mitt rests above the arrow keys, my pinky can hit the space bar and my ring and middle fingers on the arrows and yes, the R.CRTL key! :p

Yes, I'm unorthodox, but my system works :)
^people like @Nebulous and i use r.ctrl^

its a more common thing than you would think
wolfenstein, doom, even og Unreal Tournament used arrows be default, thats my main reason, never switched.

mechwarrior 2 used arrows too but that game was crap with any keyboard controls, its a joystick necessary game

r.ctrl for me winds up to be crouch\slide shift is jump, enter is use, i have a razer naga hex with the circle unit on it to bind the more complicated controls to it so i am not leaving my movement keys...
30 years of FPSing this way (**** thats a long time) and its probably not going to change. plus when i tried to WASD my way through games i would lose my positioning on the keyboard often.

theres no divot or bump on any of those keys so it would happen frequently.

i also cant use a 10 keyless keyboard either, throws my spacing off when typing even if i hardly use the 10 key, yea i find that one strange too

plus when i tried to WASD my way through games i would lose my positioning on the keyboard often.
It was a total reset for me as well. I started playing those same twitch FPS games you mentioned above. But eventually forced myself to learn WASD. It's natural now, but it took months to feel really comfortable and at the same skill level (low, lol).

There's no wrong way to eat a Reese's.

I tried out a bit of F-Zero 99 on my switch lite, its interesting.
it might make me open one of my regular switch consoles and hook it up to the tv

The Finals open beta has been out a few days and i have been playing it. Closed beta 2 was pretty good but now the riff raff is in there and screwing things up and theres already been an aimbot developed for this game so thats a thing. I havent run into it too much but i have a few times. Its kinda sad but i guess it comes with being a highly anticipated game.

Cities Skylines 2 released last week. I've clocked 24 hours in it so far. Good evolution from 1st game but they do have some polishing to do.

Hi, today I finally have time to play Diablo 4. Until recently, I had an outdated laptop that couldn't run the game. But this weekend, I purchased a new gaming laptop, and now I'm excited to play! Do you also play this game? If yes, do you have any tips to share?

Hi, today I finally have time to play Diablo 4. Until recently, I had an outdated laptop that couldn't run the game. But this weekend, I purchased a new gaming laptop, and now I'm excited to play! Do you also play this game? If yes, do you have any tips to share?
Hey there... welcome! Here's a thread that can help you out along with this one! :)

Anyone playing Baulders Gate 3? My son talked about it all weekend and I'm considering getting it so that we can game together.

I bought it during the early testing but couldn't get into it. It might be better with a controller but I couldn't get the mouse and keyboard to control it right. I also found the camera views very limiting and often at some weird angle that made no sense.

I mainly played D4 this weekend with a bunch of Battlefield 5 sprinkled in. They cleaned B5 up pretty good after all this time.

Back