• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do all the memory settings do on the C6H?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Thick8

Holy crap there are a lot of memory settings. I know the basic ones and have set my memory to the XMP profile of 15-17-17-35-T2 with a memory voltage of 1.35 @ 2993Mhz. It passes Memtest64 4 pass test. I start getting errors when I bump it up to 3066Mhz. I upped the voltage to 1.4v yet still have errors. I've never OCed memory before, I've always just "set it and forget it" but now with the Ryzen I want to get the most out of what I have.
Can't spend the $400+ for new memory so I'm hoping to gain a better understanding of the best way to move forward.
My memory is Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2x8 GB 3000MHz CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 I had an Amazon credit so there are another 2 stick that will be here today for a total of 32Gb. I am hoping to get to 3200Mhz but will be happy if I can get at least a mild overclock out of them.
Thanks
John

Forget all the nonsence and just use this guys tool:

http://www.overclock.net/forum/13-a...culator-1-0-0-beta-overclocking-dram-am4.html

By far the best tool ever created for overclockers. It does a stand up job in determining the exact settings you need for the best memory speeds you want.

All those settings are tweaks within the CPU Memory controller and the DIMMs. There are a lot of small adjustments because there are a lot of moving parts within this system. Timing to Impedance, you really need to understand DDR4 memory to be able to do all this on your own.

Like I said in your other thread, there should be presets in the memory section. I've only used Samsung but I'm pretty sure there are some for Hynix as well. 9/10 times they work great

Like I said in your other thread, there should be presets in the memory section. I've only used Samsung but I'm pretty sure there are some for Hynix as well. 9/10 times they work great
I did follow your suggestion and looked at all the presets. Unfortunately they are all Samsung "B" die and each one is specific to certain memory modules. It makes sense that they would be using the best memory available to write presets for them.

Forget all the nonsence and just use this guys tool:

http://www.overclock.net/forum/13-a...culator-1-0-0-beta-overclocking-dram-am4.html

By far the best tool ever created for overclockers. It does a stand up job in determining the exact settings you need for the best memory speeds you want.

All those settings are tweaks within the CPU Memory controller and the DIMMs. There are a lot of small adjustments because there are a lot of moving parts within this system. Timing to Impedance, you really need to understand DDR4 memory to be able to do all this on your own.
Looks cool. I help/instruction page is not opening up. How do I even determine what chips are on the module? I can't find that info anywhere.

Edit: Think I found it. Micron b die.
Another edit: Duh, the video is on the page... Thanks for the link. gonna learn about and play with it tonight.

Use thaiphoon burner to identify the IC on your ram

Well that was easy. Just run down the settings in order pretty much and run memtest. There were a couple in the tweakers paradise section of the BIOS that I didn’t do yet cause I need to research the naming scheme. Memtest is running now. I’ll let you know how it goes. Thanks again.
BTW it is single bank Hynix memory chips.

Man this board/cpu doesn't like a bclk over 100. IT works great with no errors at 100.8 but not at 101. I'll keep playing with it but for now I'm at 100.8x39.75. It's a little downgrade of the CPU speed but a gain for the memory. Maybe I'll try ne of the new BIOSs to see if I can get past the 100Mhz cap.

The CHVI doesn't have any issue with high BCLK, COuld be your memory or are you running an M.2 NVMe drive? These can be affected by the bus clock as well. The board has stages where if the BCLK is over Ithink it' 120 then it drops the PCIe to gen2 which helps with drive stability. Here's a shot at 135. Been over 140 and it still works for me.

image_id_1806854.jpeg

Yeah remember that there is a lot of different devices connected to the BCLK on Zen chips. You may have certain pockets/pit falls within your BCLK range that your total system may not like. Best bet is to find a Mem Freq that works best for your combo and not touch it ever again. Your only gains are Mem Freq here. Zen is best at 4.0GHz locked, and the highest Mem Freq you can achieve. Everything else is best left for benchers.

@Johann45 Are those your daily driver settings or benchmark settings? Air, water, LN2?

That was benching on cold water and it's a bit older CPUz had a habit then of reporting the voltage a lot higher than BIOS it wasn't at 1.6V

Back