• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do u think?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mr.spock

I want 2 buy a cooler 4 my PIV (Prescott) 3 GHz CPU.
I want 2 OC it 2 3,5 GHz.
Here r the two choices I found:

Zalman CNPS-7000 (Cu) for 54,35 $ (10600 HUF [my currency])
Thermaltake Spark7+ for 28,15 $ (5490 HUF)

note: Zalman might not fit in my case!!! :-/

PLZ tell me everything u know about these coolerz!!!

I don't think either will do an adequate job cooling your processor at 3.5Ghz. You should look into the Thermalright XP-90 or even the XP-120, though the XP-90 is definitely preferred. It's only $35 (US) so it's less expensive than the Zalman. It's currently the best PIV heatsink available.

However, you will need a 92mm fan for it, or at least an 80mm fan. A Vantec Tornado will probably give you the best performance. If noise is a problem, because the Tornado is loud, you might also want to get a Zalman Fanmate so you can adjust the speed if you don't already have a fan controller. Also consider making a duct above the heatsink to draw in cool outside air so you don't use warm case air. This is important if you're going to shoot for 3.5Ghz.

My problem is that in Hungary Thermalright or Vantec are not available. :temper: :cry:
Which Tt or Zalman product would u prefer/advise me 2 buy?

Back