• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do you think about this rig?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AlexCuria

What do you think about this PC?

Hi,

I posted this message in the wrong forum, so I have edited it to suit this forum. ;)

What do you think of this setup.

Motherboard: DFI Lanparty UT nf4 SLI-DR Expert
BIOS: Phoenix - Award v6.00PG
CPU: AMD Athlon64 3500+ Venice ~2.1GHz
Cooling: Thermalright XP120 with 12cm fan
RAM: 2x G.Skill F1-4000USU2-2GBHZ (3-4-4-8)
Video Card: Club3D Nvidia GeForce 7900GS
PSU: OCZ GameXstream 600w

Thanks you for your comments.

Last edited:
:welcome: to the OCF!

I'm not sure what you want to know. It's a socket 939 rig from about 4 years ago. It looks like it has good cooling and has some potential for overclocking, but it's still 4 year old technology. If it's used for word processing and web surfing it's more than adequate. What are you planning to use it for?

R7 :beer:

he could play a bit of the older games like CSS, doom3, fear and even some of the newer less demanding games L4D and stuff like that

the single core does leave you a bit gimped though.. mayb if your lucky, you can find a nice cheap opty for that system.

Thank you guys for the welcome.

Well I know that the setup is a bit old but in these days with the economical crisis I was looking to update my PC a bit and found myself with no other option than keeping my good 'ol Lanparty Socket 939 board. I have just bought an Opty 154. Waiting for it to arrive.

I spend half of my time surfing internet, emails, p2p, photoshop and the rest playing games. My PC has been doing quite well until some really demanding games arrived, such as Tomb Raider Legend, Crysis, GRID, Colin Mcrae Dirt just to mention a few. Usually I play at 1440x900 (Widescreen) but I have to lower a lot the details to get acceptable frame rates.

Do you know what is the max FSB I could get for this mobo? I'm really not looking to get to the max but just know where the limit should be to keep it somewhere below without stressing it too much.

Back