• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what does "Runtime Set Virtual Address MAP Begin" mean?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

peugot

what "Runtime Set Virtual Address MAP Begin"?

i got this on my p9x79 deluxe q-code display and can't find out what this mean, is it bad? normally its showing "AA - Reserved for ASL (see ASL Status Codes section below)", but sometimes it is "B0 - Runtime Set Virtual Address MAP Begin". could anyone explain what those mean, and what is should be for a problemfree system?

posting here because it's intel mobo

Hi,

Does your system boot?

You only have to worry about Q-codes when your system won't boot. As far as I remember, the Q-code should stop at A0 in normal times. But even in normal boot, it happens that the MB stops at an other step long enough to allow you to read which step.

Q-code is not an error code, it represents the different step that the MOBO follows when starting to boot into OS. Normally, you shouldn't be able to read it because it is way too fast. But sometimes, the MB stops at a certain step for whatever reason.
When it happens every times, it is often a sign of a problem with the hardware (unrecognized CPU, dead RAM, ...). If it only happens a few times, then don't worry about it!

Hi,

Does your system boot?

You only have to worry about Q-codes when your system won't boot. As far as I remember, the Q-code should stop at A0 in normal times. But even in normal boot, it happens that the MB stops at an other step long enough to allow you to read which step.

Q-code is not an error code, it represents the different step that the MOBO follows when starting to boot into OS. Normally, you shouldn't be able to read it because it is way too fast. But sometimes, the MB stops at a certain step for whatever reason.
When it happens every times, it is often a sign of a problem with the hardware (unrecognized CPU, dead RAM, ...). If it only happens a few times, then don't worry about it!

yes the pc boot and do work correct as far as i can tell. B0 happens sometimes when the pc have been on for a while, but it always stops at AA(normal it stops @ AA, but continues to B0 when pc is on for a long time, it was hard to explain it sorry). the "Runtime Set Virtual Address MAP Begin" sounds like a ram-service or something, just curious what it means. the pc mey feel a little slower when it comes, and it never goes to another q-code when it have gone B0. but after a reboot it's back to AA again. and btw, the A0 means IDE initialization is started, and my mobo does not have IDE connectors?

Last edited:
If the system is working, ignore them.

yes, but i will really get to know my computer and it's status =) the more i know, the less ill have to ask when it becomes a problem anyway =) "Runtime Set Virtual Address MAP Begin" have no answers anywhere, so why not make this to help other ppl with problems in the future too? =D

http://hwbot.org/forum/showpost.php?p=87283&postcount=1

That should be of use.

"AA - System has transitioned into ACPI mode. Interrupt controller is in APIC mode"

This is a perfectly valid status for problem-free operation. As is B0. If you want to know what they mean, consider looking in to electrical/computer engineering, as they refer to low-level structures within the computer and are quite difficult to explain without presupposed knowledge. :)

http://hwbot.org/forum/showpost.php?p=87283&postcount=1

That should be of use.

"AA - System has transitioned into ACPI mode. Interrupt controller is in APIC mode"

This is a perfectly valid status for problem-free operation. As is B0. If you want to know what they mean, consider looking in to electrical/computer engineering, as they refer to low-level structures within the computer and are quite difficult to explain without presupposed knowledge. :)

so your saying that pc is perfectly good? thats good, always nice to get more info, quite interesting =) thank you for your answer =)

Hi, I have the same problem without a successful boot after one shutdown with installation of OS (the OS is Win 10 and working well). I have tried to reset the COMS and re-plug-in the RAM, but the error code still same. I even tried different jumper settings, still same code.
Tailai

cpu: i7-6850K
gpu: gtx 1070
motherboard: X99 AII
ram: 32 gb DDR4 corsair 3000MHz CMU32GX4M2C3000C15
psu: corsair 1000W
cooling: corsair H110i GT
SSD': NVMe SSD 960 PRO 512G

Back