• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what else can I place on this build asthetics wise?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The case wouldn't have anything to do with the ability to use Hybrid drives except where they are mounted.

Its been a while since I cared about what my PC looked like, but you can get some LEDs for color...

For starters...you have a LGA-1151 processor and a LGA-1150 motherboard.

The 450W worth of power supply with the case will be tight for power requirements...won't offer you much upgrade room (i.e. graphics card in the future.)

Weird... I think he switched it from his build thread... nice catch jr!

We mentioned about headroom. :)

not much unfortunately
the lack of a window hurts the aesthetics options, maybe you can run some led's outside the case and under it
you could also get something like lightberry but they are not cheap

unless you have a bunch of money to go ham on aesthetics, your better options are to just go for raw performance. Modding is also extremely subjective and very personal to each person. There are some builds, while amazingly well executed, I think are pretty awful, and vice versa.

For starters...you have a LGA-1151 processor and a LGA-1150 motherboard.

The 450W worth of power supply with the case will be tight for power requirements...won't offer you much upgrade room (i.e. graphics card in the future.)

450W isn't even close to tight for an i5 and 970.
You're talking 300W power draw on a bad day.

One of the best eye pleasers, in my opinion, is a custom built case. I stumbled upon a build log on here recently where the OP was building his own case. Looked freaking epic. With a custom built case you've got a bunch of potential with design, fans, LEDs, a window, etc. I'm not sure how hard it'd be though.

Back